Ch 2. The first day in hell

Before you continue reading please follow mangorabbit on Instagram. This outfit came from her page.

<><><><>

After a few shows I reluctantly peeled myself off the couch and went to finish unpacking the last of my boxes.

I put my clothes in my closet arranging them as usual bye type. My shoes were neatly lined up to the right of my closet.

I finished by putting my books into my bookshelf by alphabetical order.

It was 5 by the time I was finished and I went downstairs to see what was for dinner. My mom pulled a delicious smelling lasagna out of the oven. I set the table and brought Charlie in to eat.

"So are you excited for you first day?" My mom broke the silence with a so-very-mom-like question.

I scoffed, "I'm nervous I guess. I dont know." I looked down at my food and twirled my fork.

"Hey baby, you know you can talk to me about anything. I don't want anything bad to happen to you ever again" tears threatened to escape her tired eyes. How could I have caused her such pain? "It's going to be a good year for you, I promise" she gave me a sad smile and grabbed our plates to put in the dishwasher.

I kissed my mom good night and changed into my warmest pajamas to fall asleep early.

<><><><>

"Danny?" I walked up the stairs away from the pulsating music "Danny are you okay?"

I heard shuffling from the room to my right and I went to listen to it. I heard a deep chuckle that I recognized as Danny. I opened the door a crack. Oh. My. God.

I ran to the bathroom There was a pounding on the door, i barely recognized that it was Danny trying to get in, it was distant and muffled, I could hear my heart in my ears. My breathing was shallow and labored. Get out, get out, get out. The words repeated in my head, I covered my ears with my hands and screamed, the words kept going, over, and over, and over.

I shot up in my bed. My heart was pounding remembering that night. I sobbed loudly. My mom came running in already dressed in her suit ready for work. I looked up at her and fell back on my bead face down, and cried into my pillow. My mom sat down beside me and rubbed my back. "Was it the nightmare again? It's okay" she whispered sweet nothings in my ear, and my sobs turned to whimpers. "I have to leave soon, remember Sarah is watching Charlie until he's signed up for school. I love you sweetie. Have a good first day" and with that she kissed me on the top of my head and walked out closing my door lightly. I had woken up an hour early and I had plenty of time.

I wiped my eyes and got out of bed. I walked past the mirror not even wanting to look. I took a quick shower and went to choose an outfit. Since it was my first day I wanted to look nice. I chose a black long sleeve strapless shirt and a red velvet skirt with buttons running down the front, and knee highs allowing skin between the end of them and my skirt to show. I laced up my doc martens, and curled my hair loosely. I put on a small amount of makeup, winged eyeliner, two swipes of mascara and a nude lip stick as to not overdue it. I looked in the mirror satisfied with my outfit. I woke Charlie up and helped him get ready. I had 20 minutes left due to the fact that I got up an hour early. Charlie and I sat on the couch eating cereal. I put the dirty dishes away and walked him across the street to Sarah's house. "Hello Alexis!" Mrs. Abney greeted me with a warm smile and a hug, "Are you excited Charlie- To play with Ava and Jordan?" Charlie hid behind me. "Charlie..." She said in a sing songs voice. She leaned down and whispered in his ear something I couldn't hear. He smiled a devilish grin.

"HA! I get cookies and YOU DONT!" He put his hands on his hips and gave me a smirk. I stuck my tongue out at him and he did the same, hugging me before running inside.

"Behave Charlie!" I yelled in after him. I smiled warmly at Sarah "thank you so much for this, my mother said to call her if there were any problems with Charlie" I hugged her again and walked towards my car.

"Have a good first day sweetie!" I waved to her and got in. It was nice having such a sweet neighbor. If only her son had adapted the same characteristic.

I got to school 10 minutes early. The perfect amount of time to get my schedule and locker combination. There were groups of kids standing around in the parking lot, stalling their arrival to the impending doom we called high school.

As I got out of my car I could feel the judging eyes of my peers. I turned my nose up and strutted into the front doors. I earned a few whistles from the pigs we call high school boys, and glares from girls trying to intimidate me before I got to comfortable.

After I visited guidance I went to find my locker. The hallways started to fill and I internally groaned.

I could see Jace at his locker. He reeked of arrogance. He stretched, purposefully showing off his muscles. You could practically hear the sighs, of all the drooling, sappy eyed girls. A slim platinum blonde walked by him and he winked, she turned and gave him a small wave. He continued to stare at her as she strutted down the hallway. He saw me staring as I walked by and smirked, I glared at him.

"Hey there sweat heart" he winked and I scoffed. Well. This was going to be an interesting year.

<><><><>

Please comment and share and look out for the rest of my story!!! Feel free to leave any suggestions!

Don't be a silent reader, vote, comment, and fan!!!

Love,
smolbeen <12/30/15>