Part 21

Merry Christmas! ( is one day too late).

Here I represent you a new chapter.

Be sure to comment and vote! 

Enjoy~

~Third POV~ 

It had been two weeks later and today was the day that Hitomi earned the genin title. The old Hitomi from the past would have celebrated it together with her best friend, had some sake and played a silly card game, but that was the old Hitomi.

 The new Hitomi didn't understand the enjoyment and only thought about how she wasn't strong enough yet. She indeed had achieved something, she was a step closer towards her goal, but she wasn't close enough.

 Far from close. Her facial expression had changed as well. Her once cheerful colored eyes were now dull-colored and no expression was seen expect from boredom. Her eyes didn't lighten up like before and didn't show you anything. Risa was concerned about her and tried to talk to her during the little free time Hitomi had. 

Unfortunately, she saw that she was getting ignored by Hitomi which made her feel her heart sting. Weren't they both friends? Why was Hitomi reacting this way? Was it Risa herself who had done something wrong? 

That she didn't know, but she knew that something had to be wrong with Hitomi. The cold expression and attitude she had given and her behaviour during her training. No light-up jokes were made by her, no cheerful "I'll do my best" was heard and you could see she was not there to make jokes but to train her hardest.

Mistakes were rarely made, but when she made them, Orochimaru was sure to correct her with harsh words.

Today she had to battle with a Ninjutsu chunin boy named Shun, an ordinary looking boy with brown hair and honey colored eyes. Orochimaru hadn't given her much information about the ninjutsu style of the boy. he had told her that in a real life battle she wouldn't have the information either and that analysing was an option when little information was known.

As she opened the door of the huge training room she saw that Shun was already standing there. She gave him a quick bow and went to her fighting pose.

"Oh I see, I thought that we could introduce each other and have a nice chat for maybe a few minutes" the boy suggested as Hitomi shook her head.

"I'm here to battle you and to become stronger, not to have a meaningless conversation," She answered him as he sighted.

" From what I've heard, you're a Gen Jutsu user. Average in Taijutsu but you basically suck in ninjutsu. So this battle is going to be a hilarious one." he said as he went in his fighting pose as well.

Hitomi could see Orochimaru standing on the sideline, glaring at her like he was telling her to not fail this battle. She wouldn't, or so she hoped.

"Begin" Orochimaru softly said as Hitomi immediately ran up to Shun as she swung her right leg and tried to hit him on his liver. Her kick succeeded, but he had her feet in his grip and twisted her feet in an odd angle which made her yelp from the pain. Yet she didn't give up that easily. She grabbed one of her shurikens and threw it to his face which he easily caught with his fingers.

he had a tight grip on her feet and it looked like he wasn't willing to let her go that easily, so she grabbed both her iron fans.

"Futon!" She screamed as she used her iron fans to create wind release which made him let go of her feet.

"Not bad, a wind type, funny" Shun said as he ran up to her and screaming "Katon: Bounetsu no Jutsu" as he created a fire that directed towards her.

She used the Futon Jutsu once again to separate the fire in two so it wouldn't hit her, but her plan backfired her. Shun's fire got even bigger and she had to run as fast as she can to get away from the now huge fire.

" Though the wind is a rare element type to have, wind's weakness is fire. So it's basically useless to use your element" Shun said as he threw a kunai at her face which she dodged. She glared at him as she focused her chakra to her iron fans as the color surrounding the fans got a blue fade. She ran up to him and jumped in the air as she spun her body as fast as she could as she slid her fans in his left arm which he couldn't avoid. He kicked her in her stomach as hard as he could which made her fly towards the wall. Blood was sipping from his arm as he looked at his arm and gave it a small smirk.

"Not bad, not bad, for a genin," he said as he ran up to her once again with his kunai aiming to this time one of her legs.

This time, she focused her chakra to her feet and began to run up to sides of the wall as she began to throw more shurikens towards him until there were no more shurikens left in her pockets.

"Katon: Shouidan no Jutsu!" Shun screamed as he coughed out globs of what looked to be silver-tingled mucous. He spread flammable, gelatinous balls and it looked like these were highly combustible.

"Touch one of them and you're able to set off explosions," Shun said. Hitomi gave him a dirty glare and went back to the ground to threw an already used shuriken to one of the gelatinous balls which indeed exploded.

Shun threw another Kunai towards her which she again dodged but fell towards one of the gelatinous balls with her back as she shut her eyes and awaited the pain, but no pain came.

She opened her eyes to see Orochimaru holding her with anger in her eyes.

"This battle is over, you may rest now Shun, release your fire Jutsu and you may leave," he said towards Shun we did what he was told and left the training room.

Orochimaru lets go of the and placed her back to the ground.

"What were you thinking? This battle was a joke. You've ignored things I've taught you. How could you think of using a wind technique towards a fire type? what came towards your mind to go towards the ground full of those fireballs while you were safe up towards to side walls?! If I didn't know better I would have thought you were suicidal! " he screamed towards her as she held her head towards the ground, ashamed of her actions.

"Disappear in front of my eyes. Your training is over for today, I want you to think of your actions and I want to see improvement next time" He said as she nodded, gave him a small bow and left the room.

***

~Hitomi's POV~

I ran up to my room and shut the door as I began to stab my pillow with my kunai several times. I was upset, really upset, I was furious of myself. I made myself a fool during that battle. He was indeed right, that battle had been one of the biggest jokes. I had indeed ignored everything he taught me and all my moves were suicidal. I hadn't survived it if this had been a real battle with no one to help me. It looked like I would never achieve my dreams if I continued this way. I was weak, too weak for my own sake.

"You're too weak! You're too weak! Everything you did during the battle was a joke." that's what I could hear voices say in my head.

"I am indeed weak" I answered, knowing that I was talking to no one but myself, or wasn't I? I didn't know, I did know, no I didn't know.

I stopped stabbing the pillow and saw a bunch off feathers laying on my bed which I cleaned and threw in a bag as I walked back towards my bed and sat on it, staring at the wall.

I felt my tears coming and I grabbed the fabric of the blanket to clean my tears off my face.

 What was happening to me, I wasn't myself anymore.

~
This was it for chapter 22, I hope you guys enjoyed yourself! 

Love, 

~Curly