Part XXX

not edited

-

I endured the arduous sense of  the gaping hole in my chest as I crumpled to the ground. Helplessly, I pressed against the wound in my chest, the blood gushing around my crimson stained hand. I had hoped that the medicine I took minutes before this happened would dispense with the pain. But speaking of that it was Silas himself who had just tried to crush the life out of me, that simple hope was annihilated.

I knew it was Klaus who had intervened before I could see him through my foggy vision. His cloudy form had Silas pinned on the ground, the glass of what once was my shower in pieces around them. I reached my hand out to Klaus, but a familiar hazel eyed face filled my field of vision instead.

Owen picked me off the ground gently, careful that he didn't aggravate the bleeding. There was a soft breeze as he swiftly took me out of the suffocating bathroom and into a spare guest bedroom down the hall.

He placed me blandly on the bed, his hand pressed lightly onto my forehead.

"Everything's going to be alright." He reassured me.

I almost laughed. I felt pity on him that he was the one who had to go through the torture of caring for me. But I had to give him props; for being to withstand this much of my blood without a single strain of tension in his expression. Even Elijah, the most self controlled and composed vampire I know, had discontent when trying to help me.

Another figure popped in from the corner of my eye, a worried look plastered on her face.

She didn't say a word; just sat down on the empty space of the crimson colored bed next to me, a leather bag in her lap. I watched as she took out a blood filled syringe, and without speaking a word, she plunged it into my chest.

-

It must have been around midnight when I awoke, the light of the moon filling the room. I propped myself up on my elbows, my eyes trailing down to my bandage covered chest.

Well, I wasn't feeling any distress. That was a good thing.

But the second I sat up I felt blood seep from my wound.

"Careful."

I jumped at the sound of his blatant voice as my heart pounded harshly.

I snapped my head to the direction of his voice; he sat on the far corner of the room, his face hidden by the shadows.

"Klaus?" I murmured.

"I can smell the blood leaking off of you. If you keep moving, you'll bleed out again." He spoke, his voice brimming with suppressed rage.

I said nothing in return, instead allowing myself to lay back down and try to relax. But with the presence of Klaus in the room, that was almost futile.

Moments passed in silence as I tried hopelessly to keep my breathing calm.

But my breath hitched when Klaus suddenly appeared before me, eyes dull and void of emotion.