Boxing Day

It was the day after Christmas, we all know that after the big feasts on Christmas day, the clean up would begin. Anyway I asked my wife and kids to clean up while I went to collect a present that a friend of mine had for me, the girl who is the elder one was 14 years old and the boy at the time was 9 years old.

On my way over to my friends house I noticed a guy that I could not find a place to accept as my neighbour staring at me with the look of laughter on his face, as if I had you know what on my face, I stopped on the spot with the strongest desire to tell him what was going on in my mind but I hesitated and walked away.

When I reached at my friend's John house, he began to look at me with sorrow, remorse and sympathy as if my house burnt down when I left, I started asking him what was the problem, but he hesitated to tell me so I shouted at him asking for the answer to my question, he then said, come inside and he would tell me what I asked him to answer.

When I got in we sat down and he asked if I wanted a cup of coffee, I took it cause God alone knew how my blood pressure rose by the suspense of his remorse. He quickly came back handed the coffee, placed his on the centre table and leaned over to take up a beautiful box that stood beside the sofa and handed it to me, I grabbed it, showed my gratitude with a long smile then I broke the smile with a long face and said what were you going to tell me, he took up the coffee took a sip and placed it back on the table, then he cleared his throat and opened his mouth to tell me as I leaned forward to take the words from his mouth, but then he said wait a bit, suspense was killing me.

The way I felt I thought that the news wouldn't kill anymore, but that the suspense would. So he went again trying to tell me but he couldn't tell me he was devoured by the sorrow that I did not get a chance to feel as yet.