twenty five ~

• (Sting's POV) •

This pillow is so soft. I don't ever want to move. I stayed up so late last night and I don't think I have enough energy to get up. I heard shouting; that fuckin ash tray! Can't keep his mouth shut!

I snuggled back up to the pillow, but then I felt something cold, slowly run down my back. It was wet...

AND BLOODY FREEZING!!!!

"Kyaaaa!" I yelled, jumping out of bed. In the process, an ice cube fell off my back and onto the bed, that bastard.
"What'd ya do that for!?" I yelled, clearly pissed off.
"Payback for punching me last night." He smirked. I scowled and looked away.
"Well, we're even now." I huffed.

"Sting!" Lucy walked in wearing a pink mini dress that showed off her curves. "Why aren't you dressed yet?"
"Sorry for being too slow," I teased, but then my voice turned malicious. "I was too busy getting the ice cube off my back." I glared at Natsu, who glared back at me.
"Jeez, you guys fight like babies." She sighed. "Meet me downstairs."
"Wait!" Natsu yelled before she could walk off. "Who won!?"

I'd forgotten all about it!

"Well," She smirked. "The game was interrupted, remember?" We both nodded. "So that means the game wasn't finished, so I can't determine a winner."

The sly fox.

She walked away smiling like an idiot. She definitely got the best of us; we were wrapped around her finger, awaiting her beck and call.

Well, not anymore.

"I'm leaving you here." Natsu said with a smile, walking through the door.
"Are you not mad?" I asked. He shook his head.
"It was fun, last night. It may of been embarrassing, but we enjoyed ourselves and had a laugh with our friends." He replied, walking downstairs.

Wait. Is he calling me.....

A friend?

How can he? We're love rivals. Dragon rivals. I hate his guts, but he had the audacity to call me his friend?

What an air head.

• (Lucy's POV) •

I saw Natsu walk down the stairs not long after I did. He had a smile on his face and a jump in his step. I wonder why he's so happy.

"Hey Luce, where's everyone else?" He asked.
"What, the guys who hate your guts now?" I smiled. "They're at the all-you-can-eat breakfast buffet. I'd hurry over before it disappears."
"You don't have to tell me twice!" He smirked, running in the direction I was pointing.

I waited a while longer, and eventually I caught Sting walking down the stairs.
"Hey Sting, can I have a word?" I asked. He looked at me, then nodded. We sat down on a sofa away from everyone else, and began talking.

"Okay," I began. "Remember two days ago when your family came to ours for dinner, and you kinda... turned into a dragon? Yeah, well..... please explain. I'm a little confused." He sighed, preparing for a long speech.

"Remember a long time ago when you first made your contact with Natsu? You were in Igneel's castle. Igneel is the king of the fire dragons, and Natsu's dad." Sting explained. "Me and Natsu used to be really close friends, but one day I..." He stopped.

"It's okay, I'm not going to judge you on what you say." I smiled.

"Natsu was called into the throne room by Igneel and I followed him. I peeped round the door and saw the most beautiful girl in my life. I just knew that she was my soulmate, but at the same time, Natsu saw her too. He made the contract with the girl and they vanished. Both of them. My soulmate and my best friend."

"Question." I butted in. "How did you know that this girl was your soulmate?"
"Every dragon gets this weird feeling in their gut." He replied. "It's almost impossible to describe, but you know instantly what it is when you feel it."
"Okay, you can continue." I smiled.

"I ran away from the castle because everything there reminded me of Natsu, which led to me remembering how he just left me. I hated him for it. I found what looked like a mansion, but it was actually a church. Clever me. I was being a nosy bugger when a lady came up to me claiming to be Mrs. Eucliffe. She told me her son had died in hospital, and that's why she was at the church."

I gasped in horror.
"So, the real Sting is....."
"Dead." He finished my sentence.

"Since he was her only son, and I looked very similar to the human Sting, she let me become her new son by transferring his memories into my brain. I can remember all of my real past, and if you asked me what your favourite food was when you were six, I could tell you that it was dango."

He was right. Dango was my favourite.

"So that day Sting came out the hospital with the scar on the right side of his face," I paused. "It wasn't actually him, but an imposter."
"Hey, what was I supposed to do?" He argued.
"You're right. I promised that I wouldn't judge you, so I won't." I sighed. "It's just a lot to take in."

"I wasn't supposed to show or tell anyone about my dragon form, so you must promise to keep it a secret." He pleaded. I looked up at him and smiled.
"Don't worry, your secret's safe with me."

"Speaking of dragon forms," I added. "You're a dragon, why aren't you effected by this Dragon Mating crap?"
"I am." He sighed. "I just have more control. The season only takes effect when the dragon turns 16, so this is my first year. However, Natsu's 18, and this is the third year he's going through this. For two whole years he's put up with grinning and bearing, but a dragon can only take so much."

"What would happen if he misses out again?" I asked. Sting raised an eyebrow at me, but then answered.
"His health will deteriorate. It starts mentally: you've seen him when he looses control, well, that's his instincts trying to save his life. If that doesn't work, he will start to become crazy and go all Yandere on you. Then it will  infect his vital organs such as his heart and lungs, which means he will stop breathing altogether and die."

I stared with my eyes wide.
"I'm surprised that the stupid pyro has lasted for two years." He smirked. "Normally you only have to miss one season and you're as good as dead."

After a moment's silence, Sting spoke up again.
"Why did you get mine and Natsu's hopes up?" He asked harshly. Our conversation just took a turn for the worse.
"What?" I asked. I looked over at Sting, who's blonde bangs were covering his face.

"You knew all along that neither of us were going to end up victorious, yet you carried on using us, messing with our emotions." He looked up and stared me in the eye; his were filled to the brim with anger.

"You're no better than the dragon you're in love with." He spat. "But at least he considers other people's feelings." Sting then stood up and left.

He's right. I'm despicable.

I can't mess with emotions like that.

I got their hopes up, then shot them down.

I'm awful.

"Lucy, it's time to leave now." My mother sighed. "Let's go."
"There ain't no way you're gettin' me in that movin' thing!" Natsu yelled, running in from the dining room. I just grabbed his scarf and pulled him with me inside.

Oh joy, school tomorrow.

Word Count- 1284