twenty eight ~

• (Lucy's POV) •

The bell rang for class, so me, Sting, Gray and Natsu walked to Biology. We weren't the brightest bunch; we were in the bottom set, so no-one did any work all lesson.

(A/N): Well, that's pretty much how it goes in my school (^_^;)

Natsu stood by the door, while me, Gray and Sting sat at the back of the class.
"Right class, turn to page 106 in your textbooks!" Yelled the teacher.

"This lesson sucks." I sighed.
"Yeah, biology is the worst." Gray moaned, leaning his head in his hands.

"Stick the worksheet into your books!" Yelled the teacher, handing out glue sticks.
"Yo Sting!" Gray shouted. "Pass us the glue, will ya?"
No reply.
"Sting!?" Gray was getting a little pissed off, but Sting kept on ignoring him, writing something in his book.

"Hello!?" He yelled. "You deaf or somethin'!?"
"Shut your mouth you big ass prick!" Sting growled. "I'm getting ya damn glue!"
"Watch your mouth Eucliffe!" The teacher scolded as Sting passed the glue over.

I wonder what's up with him.

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

The class ended and we were packing our bags, when I stopped to talk to Sting.
"Hey, are you alright?" I asked worriedly. "You're acting different."
"I-I'll tell you later." He whispered. "Somewhere more.... private."

"Alright then." I sighed. "At the back of the sports shed after school?"
"Sure." He smirked. "It's a date."
"I wouldn't call it a date." I smiled. "After all, the sports shed isn't all that romantic." We both laughed, and I left with Natsu to go to my last lesson.

"What were you laughing about?" Natsu asked me.
"Sting wants to meet after school." I said. "He called it a date, and I laughed at him." He smiled at this.
"Well, what would you call a date?"
"I dunno," I sighed. "A trip out somewhere.... Like to the beach, or to the park. Something like that."

"Is that all?" He questioned.
"Well, it can't just be a trip. It has to be enjoyable, and slightly romantic." I paused, trying to think of an example. "Like for my birthday party, we went to the hot springs. Everyone got together then, didn't they. It was fun, and slightly romantic."
"I see...." He sighed.

"Hey! Lu-chan!" Levy yelled, running towards me. "What lesson have you got now?"
"Dance." I sighed. "You?"
"Cooking." She replied. "I'll meet you outside after so we can walk home."
"Actually, Levy, I've gotta be somewhere after school, so don't wait for me."
"Somewhere?" She smirked, cocking an eyebrow.
"Yes Levy. That's what I said." I smiled.

She looked up at Natsu, who then held up his hands defensively.
"It's not me, she's meeting Sting." He said.
"And you're letting her?" The cheeky grin never leaving Levy's face.

"She has her freedom." He sighed. "I can't not let her go, but I'm not approving." Natsu folded his arms teasingly.
"Hey!" I smiled. "Since when did I need you're approval!?"
"Since now." He smirked, ruffling my hair.
"Big mistake, Baka!" I shouted, flattening my now ruined hair.

"I'll leave you two." Levy smiled. "Don't be late to dance Lu-chan!" And off she ran.
"Crap, were late!" I cursed. "Let's go!"

^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^*^

I arrived to dance, late as always.
"Miss Heartfilia, where have you been?" Asked the dance teacher.
"Sorry miss," I sighed. "I got held up by important matters." She took one look at Natsu, then turned to face the class.

I partnered up with Gray, since Sting and Lisanna were together.
"You know," He began. "Every time you're late to class, I hear people talking shit about you."
"Like what?"
"That you're banging your dragon." I could tell he wasn't lying, there was that look in Gray's eyes that said so.
"Lemme guess," I sighed. "Lisanna?"
"Bingo." He smirked.

The music began to play, so we took our places in the floor and began to dance. Gray's hand went on my hip and my hand went on his chest, our other hands were together, outstretched to the right.

Me and Gray had been friends since we were young. If I was looking for a laugh, I'd just stick with Gray for a bit, and I'd be laughing in no time. Me, him, Sting and Levy would often play together when we were little kids; our mothers were good friends. Did I love him? No. Gray's like a brother to me, always has been, always will be. (Sorry GrayLu fans)

"Why is your dragon so protective?" He asked me.
"You never heard about them?" I asked in disbelief. "Dragon's are protectors. They make contracts with humans, promising to put the human life before theirs."
"So Natsu made a contract with you?"
"Yeah." I smiled. "When I was 13."

"Does he love you?" He asked.
"What kinda question is that?"
"Well, you've heard the rumours about dragons, right?"
"Rumours?"
"Well, they have a mating season every year, that's fact."
"I knew that."
"Well, when they mate, they do it hard. Very hard." He smirked.
"You're messing with me." I smiled.
"Wish I was." He replied. "The more a dragon loves someone, the harder they do it."
"Yikes." I whispered.

"So he hasn't tried anything on you?"
"You're starting to sound like Sting." I teased.
"Has he?"
"No, why?" I asked.
"Well, his job is to protect, but he's not protecting you if he's fucking you, is he."
"So you're trying to act all high and mighty, acting like you care." I teased.
"Jeez, like I'd care about you." He smirked, looking down at me. We laughed, and carried on dancing.

It was coming up to the part in the dance where we swap partners mid-dancing, so Gray ended up with Lisanna, and I was with Sting.
"Is there any chance I can find out that thing now?" I asked.
"Not now." Sting huffed, looking away from me.

"Okay class, we're going to learn a new move!" The teacher yelled, turning off the music. "Girls face forward."

The girls faced the front while the boys came up behind them. Sting, along with the other boys, followed the teacher's instructions. His left hand started at my left shoulder, then traced along my arm until he reached my hand. Out left arms then stretched out to the side, his right hand went on my hip and my right hand was on his.

"Now spin!" The teacher instructed. Our left arms went up, and I span round clockwise three times, then stopped facing him.
"Good!" She smiled. "Let's try that again!"

• (Natsu's POV) •

As I watched Luce dancing, I noticed that Sting was acting weird like she said. I was trying to think about why that was, then I remembered:

It's mating season, and he's a dragon.

Word Count- 1131