CHAPTER 5 (unedited)

LAWRA'S POV

I'm not in the best of moods. I chased August away with my bullshit. I was mean to him when he was there for me at the hospital. I kept something from Shantal that involves her. Khloé being sick. Ughhh my life is a literal falling rock zone.

I made it to my locker grabbing all the shit that I needed. Oh just when I thought my day couldn't possibly get any worse Corahn walks up to me. Does he think I'm a bullshit collector? I know he can be inhumane but that thing between his shoulders must've told him at least ONCE that maybe, just maybe I've had enough.

I slammed my locker and stormed away. I could hear the annoying screeches coming from his sneakers in the hallway as he ran behind me. "Lawra!" He yelled but I just kept on walking. He grabbed my arm and yanked me back.

"WHAT!!" I yelled finally giving him the attention he's just begging for. Maybe too much 'cause the few kids lined out in the hallway all began to stare. Thanks alot Corahn now I look like some scaremonger.

He sighed in frustration before speaking "I just wanted to say I'm sorry about your niece Kimmie I heard what happened and-" "listen here you egotistical jerk! Her name is khloé-Jade!!! Get it in your swollen head and I don't need your sympathy so you can take it and stuff it wayyy up in your skinny ass !!!!!" I snapped

He looked shocked when I was done. I would be too if I were him, I mean, he's never seen that side of me before, I always told him I could get really nasty but he laughed it off because I never really stuck to my word. He simply nodded his head slowly before walking off backwards.

Ok I feel kinda bad. But he deserved it. He knows her name isn't Kimmie and he also knows I hated it when he called her that. He was just trying to be slick. Ughhh piece of shit.

I continued walking down the hall. Then I saw August holding both of Shantal's hands. Shit! I ran towards them. After I almost knocked August to the floor, I began speaking in between large gasps for air "Shantal. Dont. Listen. To. Him. Let. Me. Tell. You. The. Whole. Thing!!" I yelled. Her eyes danced between August who has now regained his balance and I in confusion. "Whats going on? When did you two meet?" She asked "at the party" I stated tucking strands of my hair behind my ear. "When were you planning on telling me this!! Bitch I had to hunt his ass down and you met him and couldn't even hook a sista up??" She said wih a short laugh. August and I exchanged looks "That's not all bae'" he told her. Bae??? "Did you just say bae?" I said "yeah, August and I are a thing now!" Shantal answered smiling proudly at him. Ok this just got 10× harder.

"That was swift how long have you two known each other...might I ask?" I questioned "two days..." Shantal mumbled, "but I promise he's a good guy Lawra" she quickly added "not when you hear what I'm about to tell you" I snapped looking at August in disgust. "He's no good Shantal! He has been talking to me the same way he was talking to you fully aware that we're best friends. And his excuse, 'he has to experiment with women' " I said using air quotes. She looked over at August then back at me then at August again. "Is this true?" She questioned, her expression unreadable.

"Uh yea. But we were gonna tell ya'" he said quickly. His words seemed to just pass through one ear and go through the other. "Did you two fuck?" She asked. I don't know how this was possible but I nearly choked on air. Was she seriously asking this?? I understand that she's pissed but she's really crossing the line, I mean heck I'm het bestfriend. It's not like she and August have been married for years and I've been having an affair with her husband.

That doesn't mean it hurts any less...

You're right...oh shut up Lawra you dont know everything

I am you...

I was yanked right out of my thoughts by Shantal's voice. "Answer me dammit! Did you two fuck ??" We both shook our heads quickly. She sighed heavily. "I forgive you guys" she mumbled. I dunno, this seems a little childish to me..."what?" I asked blinking at her. A grin spread across her face "I'm not mad...I forgive you guys...you really didn't do anything, I know you didn't mean any harm."

I let out a shaky laugh. "Okayyy..." Shantal giggled and pulled me into a hug before running off somewhere with August. I smiled as I watched the two weirdos run down the hall like white girls in a field of daisies.

The day went by uneventful.

~~~
I was at home with Khloé-Jade (my niece incase y'all forgot). She pulled at my hair giggling and just repeating "auntie" over and over again. My phone buzzed in my back pocket and I eased my butt up a little, careful not to drop Khloé. I grabbed the phone from my pocket and saw I had a text from Shantal. Text: 'answer yo gottdamn phone bihh' . She called seconds later and well I answered my 'gottdamn phone'

"Hallowww?" I chimed. "Bitch don't hallow me!" She snapped "I'm coming over I'm about a block away" "why-" she hung up before I even got to question her motive for coming over my house at 7:30 PM. I just shrugged and tossed the phone on the couch.

"Guess who's coming over Khloé?? Guess who? Guess who?" I baby talked to Khloé as she stared at me with wide "wtf" eyes. The doorbell went off. Well that was fast. I was about to get up then the door just flew open. Ahh yes, you see ladies and gentlemen, back when I was an ass I gave Shantal a spare key. I mean mugged her before speaking "why ring the doorbell when you know you're just gonna barge in here" I questioned. She looked me up and down "ermm duhh I'm Shantal bitch" she responded as if she was that important.

Shantal marched over to where I was and grabbed Khloé and screamed in her face. I was about to question her very strange behavior but was forced to shut up when Khloé screamed right back in hers. This is some real hanky-panky. "What in the world!?!" I snapped they both fixed their gazes at me then Shantal spoke. "It's a Khloé and Shantal thing...you just wouldn't understand" she responded. I rolled my eyes at her. "Why are you here anyway ?" "We're going to a club" she answered casually. I arched an eyebrow at her "I'm sorry, what?". She turned to me with a stank look on her face. "Yes you heard me right! If I had told you over the phone you would've found every excuse in the world not to go so I just showed up here" she said smiling proudly. I folded my arms across my chest "what if I had a guy over?? And you walked in on us doing the dirty??" I challenged.

She laughed a dramatic laugh, clapping her hands like a retarded seal before speaking "oh Lawra, sweet sweet Lawra, you and I both know you don't have enough balls for that" she began "besides even if you did, I'd walk in just the same, get some popcorn and sit and watch" she said with nasty wink. I rolled my eyes at her. This bitch is crazy. "Girl bye with all that shit, besides what am I gonna do with Khloé?" I pressed. She pulled her hair with her free hand before setting Khloé down on the couch.

"You see even when I just waltz in here and make it known that we ARE going to the club you still wanna find excuses, what the hell you always do with Khloé when you going out huh ??? leave her here alone ??? Damn I already called her dad he said he can keep her for the night!!" She yelled. I bursted out laughing.

"What now ??" She graoned as I held my stomach. "You're such a liar. First of all you don't have his number to call him, second you weren't sure if she was here tonight she could've been at her grandma's place" I teased sticking my tongue at her. I knew she was getting mad. I could tell by the way she was rolling her eyes and clenching her teeth and releasing them every five seconds. I laughed "alright fine I'll go" I gave in. She smiled widely before grabbing my arm to pull me up from the couch. I chuckled and grabbed Khloé and we all went upstairs to go get ready for yet another night at the club.