Chapter 3

Josh's POV:

"Wave one begins in 1 minute, and know that there is no respawn."

Crap. Panic surged through me as I ran to the wall of the gun Preston just bought.

I jammed my card in, slid it out and it created the same animation as Preston's did. I picked up the gun. It was surprisingly light. The metal so cold you might have been able to hit it and it would shatter.

My eyes still adjusting, I looked around and saw almost everyone already had bought guns. The less skilled COD players got guns first and only Vikk, Mitch, Tobi, and Rob didn't have guns yet. Instead they had melee weapons that had been on the ground.

The ground trembled and a hissing whisper said: "Wave One".

"Raaaahhhhww"

"Ahhh, geez!" Tobi screeched as a zombie spawned behind him. Lucky he has his 'black goalie' reflexes and jumps out of the way of the lung.

Mitch, melee in hand came up behind the zombie, slitting its throat. Thus creating the first kill. Truly starting the mayhem that is the first wave.

At first you might think, 'hey, we could survive this'. But really you know deep down you can't because the waves are nothing like the game.
They as triple the normal length.

'Wait, triple the- 12 of us÷ the usual 4 players=3 times more zombies... great, we're screwed.'

Nothing has really attacked yet, they are just surrounding us, almost like they are awaiting orders to kill. I kind of like being able to see what I'm up against.

Vikk, Mitch, Tobi, and Rob still don't have guns. The gun stations seem to have a cool down rate of 2 per wave.

The tense peace ended when the ground shook again sending half of us crashing to the floor, vulnerable to the hords of zombies pouring toward our warm, living bodies.

Reaction, that's your only chance to survive. Lucky Simon was near me or I'd have already been killed. My gun had clattered out of my reach when I fell and a zombie was already on top of me.

It was posed to strike death upon me when Simon shot a bullet through its head. "Thanks!" I signed in relief.

"Don't mention it," he said as he gave me my gun and helped me up, "it's time to get to work."