Chapter One

JEANS POV:

 My back pressed up against the cushioned couch as my eyes stayed glued directly towards the television. Of course next to me was my best friend, Marco Bodt. We were both addicted to this one show on T.V and it just so happened to be on while he was over at my place. As the luminous figures among the screen moved they slowly made me drive out my surroundings, becoming oblivious to reality.

 As I continued to sit there in silence with my eyes gazed upon the screen I felt a nudge on my arm. "Hm?" I turned my head towards the freckled male to only see him giggling from my mistake.

 "Finally I got your attention, Jean." Marco adjusted his hands in his lap before opening his mouth to say more. "I have something to tell you," he stated. I nodded once, waiting for what he could possibly have to tell me. 'Maybe he wants to tell me his real feelings about me! No, that couldn't be possible today. Why would he do it now anyways? Hell, I doubt he really likes me anyways,' I thought to myself before my eyes shot back at Marco's face.

 Silence made it's way for a couple seconds before Marco began to express what he had to say. "I know we had plans to hang out for most of the vacation from the schools semester, but my parents made plans with me," he paused with a disappointing sigh slipping out from his parted lips. "For most of the vacation me and my parents are going to go on a trip," he added with a voice sounding like if he were nervous on my reaction.

 My light brown eyes blinked once as they fell down to look at my shoes that were planted on the ground. "Oh, uhm.. That's okay Marco," I responded as a small smile managed to curl at my lips. "We'll surely hang out after and make up the time for it." I tried brightening up the despondent mood.

 Fortunately, Marco sat up with his back straightening out. "Of course we'll hang out after!" He exclaimed happily. I chuckled over the adorableness that sprung out so easily. "So, when are you leaving?" I asked him out of curiosity, hoping it wouldn't be to soon.

 Marco's head tilted back, beginning to think of what his parents said. "I believe I'm leaving tomorrow," he muttered quietly, probably wishing he never had to go. I can't blame him, I wouldn't want to go if I were him either. Having the thought of traveling to a city to see relatives with annoying parents is just an awful dread to be set on my life.

 I bit my lower lip tightly, letting my teeth drag along the softened texture. There was awkward silence before I broke it by saying, "I wish you were always with me, then we wouldn't have these problems." After I said those words, everything around us including ourselves seemed completely still. My face started to grow beet red in humiliation, regretting what I just said. I covered my face instantly with my hands slapping against my flush face.

 An unexpected laugh started to occur next to me from my freckled crush. "Eh?" I looked up nervously only to see him hysterically laughing at me from getting overly embarrassed. "Rude," I choked out before leaning frontwards slightly. I watched Marco's smile tug widely among his face which caused my heart to feel like butterflies wings brushing against that specific organ.

 Once Marco's laughter died down he apologized. "Sorry," he swallowed air causing a small pause. "It was just funny to see you get so worked up. It's not usual of you!" He added as his body leaned forwards, beginning to stand up. "I've got to go, Jean. It's getting dark outside. See you tomorrow?-" I cut him off. "No. You're leaving tomorrow, remember?" I smirked before standing up as well. As I glanced over at his face I watched the smile fade.

 "Right," Marco murmured as he turned towards me. "I'll see you when I get back then," he said with his hand scratching the nape of his neck. I nodded with a normal expression arranged along my face due to the fact I wouldn't be able to see him for a while. "Bye," he said with a small smile naturally growing on his face. "Bye."

 As I watched Marco walk to the exit of my apartment I kicked back onto my couch. My legs crossed as I stared up at the ceiling, mind reflecting on Marco and how perfect every moment of him truly is. Possibly it was only towards me, but really who could resist not wanting to be in a dating relationship with the dark brown eyed, freckled, purely adorable human that roamed on the face of this earth. It had to be just a coincidence that I happened to meet him one day and become truly in love with every spot about him, but sadly I don't know if he feels the same about me. 

 My eyebrows furrowed by stressing over the thought of me asking Marco to date me, but with him rejecting. I let one of the palms of my hands push against the side of my face from being not sure of what I should do about Marco. I mumbled something under my breath before standing back up, shuffling off to the kitchen to eat dinner. Alone.

 A couple hours passed by of me aimlessly roaming around the house, getting things to snack on, finding chargers to electronic devises, and making my room more of a bigger mess. Soon enough I found myself lying on my bed in pitch black besides the radiant effect my phone gave off towards my face. My fingers fumbled over the keypad, not knowing what to send to Marco. "Maybe he doesn't want to be bothered," I whispered to myself as I let the phone drop down onto my bed sheets. "Hopefully he's safe tomorrow," I added.

 As I gripped the dark green comforter I snuggled it up towards my neck, feeling like if I were being devoured by the warmth. I grasped out to one of my pillows with my arms, bringing it close and holding it tightly. "If only this pillow were Marco," I muttered as I buried my face into the pillow.