Hidden Past

Winn

    Kara walked out after the music started, she was obviously upset. I was about to get up and follow her when someone stopped me. I looked at the group of people in front of my desk, but it wasn't one of Kara's friends from high school, it was James Olsen. "Winn, have you seen Kara?" He asked. I nodded, "She headed towards the elevator," I lowered my voice to a whisper, "probably heading to the DEO." James nodded and headed towards the elevator. I looked at Kara's old friends one more time then started on my research for Ms. Grant hoping they would leave.

I heard footsteps come closer to my desk, but I ignored them and continued to work. "You're Winn right?" Someone asked. I looked up to see an old college friend of mine. "Jake?" I asked. "Jake Pukerman?" He smiled. "The one and only." He answered. "How do you know Kara?" I asked him. He looked confused. "You mean Marley?" I nodded. "Yeah.... her?" I answered but it came out more like a question. "We used to be in the same glee club back in Lima, Ohio." I looked at him. "Kara went to McKinley?" I asked. Jake nodded. "She was one our strongest singers in glee club." I gave him a puzzled look.

   Every time I had asked Kara to come to karaoke night at the coffee shop she had declined. I just figured that she had stage fright or couldn't sing. "I don't think you have the right person," I told Jake. "Kara doesn't sing." He cracked a smile. "This you computer?" He asked pointing to the computer on my desk. I nodded moving in order for him to get by. Jake sat down at my desk and typed something into the computer. "McKinley finals, original song written by none other then Marley Rose." Jake pointed to the screen and clicked on the video. Oh my god, Marley Rose is Kara Danvers.