New Girl in Town

Kara

I stormed into the DEO. Why now? Why couldn't my past show up before I had the responsibility of being Supergirl. Better yet, why couldn't they have just never shown up? Alex put her hand on her shoulder making me jump slightly. She smiled kindly at me before her expression changed to worry. "Kara, are you okay?" She asked. I nodded walking into the control room. "It's nothing," I said turning to her. "Please tell me you have something for me to beat into a pulp." I said angrily. Alex laughed, putting a hand on my shoulder. "Why don't you go clear your mind or something. You're no help to the people of this city or to the DEO when your emotions are all messed up." I nodded, pulling Alex into a hug and rushing out of the DEO.

I flew up over National City. The blue sky seeming brighter than normal. I dodged skyscrapers, smiling at the workers inside who had stopped and waved to me. I closed my eyes, flying higher into the National City sky. I loved the feel of the wind on my face as I flew. It made me feel free for once. But of coarse all good things come to an end. Singing, that's all I heard.

Frowning, I speed towards the National City auditorium, a place where I had once performed for Glee Club. Angrily, I landed on the ground in front of auditorium. I sighed, calming myself down before walking towards the huge, double doors. I walked in the dark room quietly, trying to blend into the background. Which was quite hard for a blonde in red and blue, who happens to have a cape. The stage was slightly lit, leaving the rest on the room as dark as night. In the centre of the stage was a piano. I watched as a blonde girl played softly, singing Long Live by Taylor Swift.

Frustrated, she slammed down the keys. "It'll come, it's just going to take some time." I told her kindly. The blonde jumped, whipping her head in my direction. "Easy for you to say, you're Supergirl, the famous girl of steel. You can do anything." She told me. I laughed slightly. "You really believe that?" I asked. She only responded by nodding. I flew up into the stage and sat down next to the girl. "Well, I wish that was true, but even I have my flaws." She gave me a look, challenging me. "Fine...... um....." "Brandi Rae." She responded. "Well Brandi Rae, if you really want to know....." Just then the doors flew open. Here we go again.