Chapter 6

Chapter 6

Nick woke up and noticed that it was the last show for his tour with his brothers.

He got up, went to get ready for the day, when he got done, he heard a knock on the door to the bus, and saw mom and Frankie with Rob.

He went to answer it, backs up for them to get on, and Denise hugged him first.

"Oh honey," she said.

"Hi mama," he said hugging her.

They hugged while Frankie and Rob got on the bus and Rob shut the door.

It felt great to hug her.

"What happened?" she asked. "Where is Amber?"

Nick let go and looked at his mom. "We broke up," he told her.

"Oh honey, you were so happy with her."

"Do I need to go knock some sense into her?" Frankie asked with a smile.

"Frankie," Denise told him crossed.

Nick smiled, "No, she's in New York recording her album."

"So what now?" she asked.

"I get ready for How to Succeed."

"Well, you don't deserve her," Frankie told him. "You're better off without her, and just move on and find someone else."

"Frankie," Denise said.

"No mama, he's right," Nick told her. "I need to move on."

"Do we know how she is?"

"She was on ET a few nights ago," Rob told them.

"She's fine," Nick added. "She's getting ready for it. She told the fans that we are taking a break, so they don't know what really happened."

"Oh," Denise said and gets in her purse and hands Nick an envelope. "Amber asked me to give this to you."

"What is it?" he asked and felt there was something inside it.

"I don't know. She just asked me to give it to you."

Nick opened it and pulled out a folded note and a set of keys with it. He opened the note to read it out loud to Denise, Frankie, and Rob, "Nick, Thanks for letting me stay here at your place. In payment for your hospitality; my car from winning Idol. Here are the keys to it. By the time you read this, my stuff will be gone. The house key is left on your desk when you get home. Me." He looks at them, "She gave me her car. She moved out."

"I'm sorry honey," Denise said. "I wondered what she was doing while she was back?"

Nick sat down on the couch. "So, she's really gone."

Denise sat down beside him, "Well, maybe you two can talk and work stuff out."

"How? She's gone. Never left anything behind."

Rob looked at Nick, "You know she's in New York City still; maybe she's living with Leslie," he told him.

"Well, at least she's with Leslie, and not out on her own," Denise agreed.

"Well, it makes sense since she's working on her album," Brett told him.

"That's true," Denise said.

"Well, are you ready to go inside?" Nick asked standing up and trying to change the subject.

"Sure."

They headed inside.

~*~*~*~

The next day, Amber was in the recording studio working on her next single, Leslie was next door also recording hers, and Amber was cued to start singing it.