Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Rob dropped them off at Nick's apartment and headed to his.

Amber went to drop her bag off in the guestroom, took her coat off, and went to go hang it back up in the front room.

"Hey, come and sit down, will ya?" Nick asked, motioning to his couch.

Amber smiled and went to go sit down beside him. "What's up?" she asked with a smile.

"Well, what's up with you?" Nick asked intently. "You were a tad late tonight, I noticed."

Amber looked down at her hands. "Yeah, um... well, after the show tonight... um, some fans asked for my picture and autograph... and so I was... unguarded." She watched Nick's eyes, and was ready for what he was going to say next.

He raised his voice, "Unguarded? Amber you know you can't just do that without Rob there."

"I know, Rob has confronted me about it," she said. Amber tried hard not to cry, however instead she talked quickly. "I didn't think about it. I mean, they just asked, soon it got busy. I didn't want to be rude and run off, so I did pose and signed stuff." She added, "I made sure that the rings weren't seen in the pictures."

Nick was really quiet for a few minutes. "That was very risky, Amber."

Amber wiped a tear away, "I'm sorry Nick."

"Hey, now," he said calming down. "I understand that this experience is still very new to you. I know how annoying it's going to be having to let me or Rob knows where you are at all times. But, you've got to be a little more careful, Okay? Or Rob will have to find another guard for you."

She quickly told him, "Please don't, I feel safe with Rob. With someone new it doesn't feel right to me." Amber then sighed, "Okay." She closed her eyes. "Um, to change the subject, I was going to let you know that I decided on moving in or not."

Nick got excited, "And?" He was like a little waiting for the biggest gift that he could get.

Without laughing, Amber looks into his brown eyes, "When do you want me to move in?"

"You mean it? You will?" he asked excitedly.

Amber nodded, "Yes."

"Yes!" Nick exclaimed quickly stands up, pulls her with him, and hugs her, then looks into her hazel eyes. "So... when can you move in?"

Amber thought about it. "How about Monday? Since that is your day off."

"That'll work," he smiled. "I'll help you move and Rob too."

"There isn't much stuff, but that'll be great." Amber looked at her watch. "Well, it's time for bed. I'm going to go get ready."

"Join me?" he asked as she headed down the hallway.

"Of course," she called out going to the bathroom.

Nick turned stuff off, locked up for the night, went to his room, and got ready.

Amber walks in, got into bed with Nick; they cuddled together, and went to sleep.

~*~*~*~

Next morning, Amber and Nick were running late, so they hurried and left with Rob to another interview that morning.

Amber dressed in a black business pantsuit. Nick put on a pair of Levi pants, light blue shirt, deep purple tie, and black jacket. His hair just slicked back.