Chapter .04

Mikay's P.O.V

"Julia!! You'll never guess what happened to me last night!!!" I squealed as we entered our home room.

"What!?", Julia curiously yelled.

"I started talking to this guy and we talked for hours and it was really amazing. I just can't even explain..." I sighed as I rested my chin on the palm of my hand.

Julia snapped her fingers in front of my face but I only snapped out of it when she yelled my name causing a halt to our class' discussion. Our professor gave us a glare telling us to be quiet and continued his lecture.

"...I think I like him, Julia." I whispered.

"Mikay, you've only talked to him last night. Are you sure you actually like him?" She whispered back, her eyes never leaving the professor.

"I really-" I was soon cut off by Professor Morgan. I could feel everyone's eyes on us.

"Ms. Areeyah, I will not allow any disturbance in my classroom. Detention, now." He spoke as he pointed out the door.

Julia and I both looked at each other.

"Well, go on," my professor said as the whole class watched me get up from my seat and walk out the door.

"Sorry." Julia mouthed before the door was closed. I slowly trudged to the detention room. I've never gotten detention before and to tell the truth, I was slightly nervous. I stood in front of the door and twisted the handle.

As I walked in, I saw a tall man at the white board. He was in the middle of writing, "WELCOME TO DETENTION". He noticed I had walked in and he turned towards me.

"Quen?"

"Mikay? What are you doing in here?" He asked.

"What are you doing here?" I said back.

"I'm sorta in charge of this..." He said scratching the back of his neck, "now you should answer my question."

"Isn't my presence in this room giving it away?" I slightly chuckled.

"Wow. I would have never thought you, out of all people, would get detention." He said in disbelief.

"I know!" I replied back. "So...will you get me out of here?" I tried asking him.

"Sorry Mik, I can't. Mr. Williams asked me to be his substitute. He said this could get me a 50% on the last project I missed," he said.

Gino's P.O.V

Detention. Again. I walked towards the familiar room and opened the door. I slid down my shades to the bridge of my nose and looked at the couple. They were too busy talking to each other to realize that I was in the room too.

I slammed the door shut causing both of them to turn around.

"Sorry, was I interrupting something?"

Mikay looked at me and opened her mouth to speak but then Quen suddenly grabbed her shoulder and pulled her towards him.

"Yes, yes you did. We were actually in the middle of an important conversation," he obnoxiously said.

I rolled my eyes at him, "Of course you were."

Mikay's P.O.V.

I have no idea why Quen all of a sudden started acting weird.

Gino slid into one of the desks and propped his legs on top of the table. He held a lazy smirk on his face as he leaned back.

"You can let go now Quen." I whispered.

"Oh..yeah." He awkwardly chuckled and let go of me.

"I'm just going to the washroom," I said awkwardly as I headed out the door.

Can someone say awkward?

merry late christmas and new year !! our apologies for not updating for a long time I know we said we would update but it's kinda hard when you live in different places. What do you guys think about it? Any suggestions? x