Chapter 7: Ambush

Killian's POV

Its been a year, a full year of sadness and anger. As soon as my beautiful Swan left this ship I regretted the choice I made. I made her think I easily gave up on us which I did and I thought I was protecting her heart when deep down, I was protecting mine.

I fell back into the darkness. I was no longer happy and in love. Instead I returned to my cold-blooded and selfish pirate ways which only Emma could save me from.Too bad she was never going to see me again. My revenge for Milah's death had even been put aside and I decided to let go of her after some tears.I didn't need love or women anymore. She was gone, left this world and died and Emma never wants to see me again, I am pretty sure of it.

I was a pirate and pirates didn't need love, just treasure. i had already stolen and killed during the year and I successfully gained my title of most feared pirate back again. 

"Smee!" I shout from the top deck of the Jolly Roger.

"Yes, Captain." He says from below me, his red hat flopping to the left because of the strong breeze.

"I have a new plan."

Emma's POV

It was the next day and it was going to be quite an eventful day. Today was the day I was moving to Charles' kingdom. We would live there because his parents had passed away many years ago. We would be the King and Queen of that kingdom until the wedding in 6 months and then mine and his kingdoms would be one.

As soon as I was fully awake, I get dressed into a simple blue dress and get ready before making my way into the dining room where my parents and Charles were already sorting out bags. I decide to  help them sort out packing because I know that my mother thinks that I am not capable of packing so she packs literally every single dress or pair of shoes I own.

"Good morning." I say to all of them and Charles quickly kisses my cheek before the three of us pack whilst my father was arranging our transport. Every now and then I miss the Jolly Roger and the life I had there but then I realize that Killian Jones broke my heart and I have moved on. I have responsibilities and a future husband.

After we finally decide on bringing only half of the originally packed bags, Charles and I begin walking to the carriage where we will be taken to Portsland, our temporary home for six months. When we are outside the castle and about to enter the carriage, my mother and father pull me over for a huge hug.

"Emma, thank you for finally accepting Charles and I am proud of you." my mother says with tears threatening to spill from her eyes. I smile and squeeze her before turning to my father who was smiling at me. "I love you, Emma." he says before hugging me and walking me to the carriage. "Take care of my daughter, Charles." my father says and Charles smiles before shutting the carriage door when I get in.

I wave goodbye through the window before they are out of sight and we begin our journey to Charles' kingdom.

It has been several hours into our journey and the sun was beginning to go down. Charles and I had decided we would unpack tomorrow because it was already getting late and there was still a few hours of our journey left to go. The carriage came to an unplanned halt and I look at Charles in confusion, "I will go and see what the problem is. You wait here, darling." he says and I nod before he leaves the carriage to talk to the guards who are with us.

I sit in the carriage for a while until I hear the clashing of swords and shouting from outside. Without thinking I run straight out to see Charles and two guards standing their ground against three armed and masked men. The other two guards were on the floor, lifeless. Charles notices me and glares.

"You was meant to stay in the carriage you foolish girl, you should listen to me!" he shouts and I stare at him in totals shock. He has never spoken to me in that way, it was a demanding and harsh tone which made me feel hurt. "I-I mean please, my love." he quickly says and I shake my head.

"No." I sharply say and grab a sword from on top of the carriage and charge over to the three masked men and begin sword fighting them. Charles stares at me in shock but continues to help me fight whilst the two guards guard the carriage because of the riches inside it.

After the first two men are knocked out, Charles also gets hurt and lies on the ground unconscious. The sword hit his head and knocked him out. It was just me and the final enemy. Throughout all the fight I heard Killian's voice telling me when to dodge and what position to stand because he was the one who taught me to sword fight.

Amazingly, I knock the person down so I hold them in place and put my sword to their neck. 

"Remove your helmet, now!" I shout and let the person move their hands to take off the helmet. When they do it was a person who I never thought I would see again in my lifetime.

"Smee?"