part one

"No!" Thomas screams out, a strangled cry

Running through the blank white corridors that all look the same, Thomas hears the other boy pleading. "What are you doing? Let me go! Where is T-

"Shut up!" Somebody growls in a harsh, deep tone, cutting off the boy's cries.

Thomas pushes himself harder than he ever has before, pumping his legs faster - pain shooting up his legs with every footfall on the hard concrete floor - to reach him before it's too late.

Turning the corner Thomas finally sees him, the boy he's been looking for. A guard in a outfit that was once funny looking but now painfully familiar, dragging him along the tiled floor; his arms locked around the boy's torso which Thomas assumes is because the teenage boy is thrashing around to try and break free.

"Newt!" the breathless boy calls out down the corridor despite his need for air, tears threatening to fly over the edge and stream down his cheeks.

At his cry Newt whips around, twisting the guard's arms in the process, causing a grunt and profanity to fly from her lips. Tears are running down Newt's face and Thomas starts running again; Newt was doing so well, he and Thomas had finally gotten their friendship or relationship or whatever they were in a good spot. Thomas was not going to let them put Newt through something so horrible that the blond barely even knew about. But Thomas knew, he knew and it tore apart his insides.

"Thomas!" Newt struggles with the guard but she whips around and grabs his other arm, her hair hitting her in the face but she doesn't even acknowledge it. Keeping the blond from moving any further he has nothing he can do except shout again. "Tommy!"

That remark hits Thomas hard, memories flood in his mind and more tears threaten to spill over. Thomas is almost to Newt when he feels a harsh hit against his wrist as he swings his arm back, before he knows whats happening Thomas is jerked backwards. Stumbling and smacking his back into something - or someone - his eyes go fuzzy for a second before he regains his clear mind.

Turing his head up Thomas sees a guard has taken hold of him. Attempting to drag him backwards for escaping his room and presumably causing an enormous disturbance - shouting and running through the halls. "Let go of me! Let go!" Thomas shouts, struggling against the guard; trying as hard as he can to get closer to Newt.  He knows in his head that there is truly nothing he can do, nothing will stop WICKED from taking Newt and continuing to take his other friends; many of which didn't know what was happening (much like Newt).

Its like a floodgate inside Thomas breaks suddenly, and he cant hold it in any longer. Both boys are crying and struggle against their own guard to no avail.

Thomas drops to his knees and coughs. In some crazy unimaginable way he manages to somehow slip from the guard behind him's grip. Momentarily paralyzed Thomas wonders if this actually happened, is he really free of his restraint? If even only for a moment? Not even a second later Thomas abuses the opportunity - as he knows he will never get another one - to scramble and get his feet underneath him as quick as possible and take off running forward again. He is only three feet away from the other boy when he feels a familiar sensation on his arm and despite the past two minutes, Thomas is still taken by surprise when he's snapped back against his not-so-friendly guard's hard chest again.