two

two : nikagashi okura knows what is pain.

The young ghoul girl smiled wickedly. Her neck twitched a bit, cracking. ,,I hope so." Nikagashi added.
Uta looked at her, facial lines on her were raw : jaw lightly edged, eyes light even while red with eyebrows framing them perfectly. If she wasn't a mask maker herself, he'd enjoy designing for her. He shook it out of his thoughts.,,The five of you found a place to stay at yet?" he asked. She stopped and took a glance on a green watch that was on her left wrist.
,,I wouldn't know. The girls left without me. It's getting late, Uta, it was rather nice meeting you." she stood up, fixing her appearance. Uta started panicking on the inside, leaving his outer appearance as cold as ever.
The words left his lips before he even thought. ,,Stay here." Nikagashi frooze in own steps. She looked at him, her face dazzled and confused. ,,It's late. Stay the night. I don't mind you, I don't have any customers coming over tonight anyway." he added casually, pulling his own vest sleeve.
Nikagashi nodded and huged him. ,,Thank you, Uta. I can tell you my story if you wish." she smiled, letting go of him. He took her green coat, observing the movements she makes. She observes every each one of the masks he has made in his studio. The way she looked at the masks is usual. It's as if she is trying to imagine herself in them. Nikagashi doesn't see them as masks, but as art.
,,You're a good artist, Uta." she said calmly and somewhat coldly, but she was also honest.
,,Thank you. I saw some of your art, Nika. You're not bad either." Uta responds, pulling out chairs for both of them. He hands her a plate, with eyeballs served on it. She smiled and took one in her fingers, delicatly observing it before popping it in her mouth.
,,Thank you. I didn't eat in a while." she crossed her hands on her lap, smiling at Uta.
Uta thought about what was swerving around his mind and finally asked it. ,,Why did you move here? What is your story, Nikagashi Okura?"
Nikagashi placed a lost strand of her blue hair behind and smiled. ,,I hope you're a good listener." she pursed her light pink lips and bit the inside of her cheek. ,,I had a brother and a sister. Well, half brother and half sister, both were ghouls. We lived in Australia. Our parents were brutal ghouls, forcing us on human hunt since early age. I didn't want that, not for myself nor for my younger brother. Mokka and I took Aro with us and left Australia. We moved to eleventh ward, where our fathers sister, Ayona, lived. She hid us. She had no problem with us. We only fed as much as we needed. But my sister, she was a monster like our parents." Nikagashi swallowed. Her posture fell dramaticly, her head was leant towards, so Uta couldn't see her face. She lifted her look up towards the boy, her eyes shivering over his features. The red faded out of them, becoming a light shade of brown. Uta smiled to her.
,,You don't have to continue." he said to the shaking frame that was seated just across him. She didn't stop shaking, untill he sat on the floor in front of her chair. Her eyebrows scrunched up, just like the top of her nose. He noticed she had both an eyebrow and nose piercing. ,,But if you want to you can let it all out." he smiled weakly, his tattooed hand touching her knee. ,,You don't have to be blue forever."
To his suprise, Nikagashi chuckled. It was a strangled chuckle, held back by a sob held inside, but a chuckle nevertheless. ,,Honestly, I thought you were an asshole." her hand, the one with a cross tattooed, ran over her cheeks, wiping the traces of sadness. ,, Mokka was a monster who wanted to eat ghouls with amazing kagonaes like my little brother. I killed her." Nikagashi spat out like a curse word. Uta rubbed circles on her skin just above her knee.
,,That's why my code name is The Wicked, because pain makes us go wicked." she added, voice cold and sharp.
,,Pain has no face, Nikagashi, it's undefined. That's why I am No Face." Uta smiled.

[735 words]

i made a new cover!
this chapter is for Ella_story and for the second place her story won! woohoo!
i hope you all liked the sneak peak in Nikagashis' past! ♡