Ch 12

AN: The things that happen in this chapter are PG-13 and I do not suggest you do any of this at home. This chapter is merely to entertain you, not to influence you. Thank you.

ANGIE'S POV:

"Are you old enough to buy alcohol?"

I shrugged. "Do I really have to be if I slip you some extra money."

The cashier answered, "What alcohol?"

I grabbed the fifty out of my pocket and gave it to her. "Keep the change."

She broke it and put the rest in her pocket.

She bagged the vodka, the water, and 2 things of orange juice, and handed it to me.

I nodded as to say thank you and walked out of the store.

I hopped in Ryan's car, sat down, and placed the bag on my lap.

"So, what did you get for drinks?

"Nothing much," I answered. "Just some OJ and plain water.

He smiled faintly as if he had just thrown up. "Cool."

We both began to stare ahead out the front window at the moving concrete, silent as mice.

It wasn't a comfortable silence either. It was an awkward quietness and every kilometer closer we got to Shailene's mansion of a house, the invisible fog that had been filling up my stomach since I apologized to this fool was raising up, out of my body and into the car's atmosphere.

"I get the sense that you're disgusted to be near me right now."

When he finally spoke, I took my eyes off the pavement and glanced at him from the corner of my eyes. "What could possibly make you think that?"

He paused. "Um.... You won't talk to me. And I have ths strangest feeling that the only reason you apologized was because you needed a ride to this thing."

I shifted uncomfortably in my seat. "Of course not. Why would you think that? I apologized because you're my best friend."

He snickered. "Yeah. You're my best friend too, which is why I know you'd never apologize to someone for something that that person said or did that hurt your feelings. You'd expect that person to apologize first... I didn't apologize first."

I didn't say anything. I didn't know how to respond.

He continued. "So let me say sorry now."

I expected him to just say sorry but when he pulled the car over, my eyes widened in fear. What the hell was he doing?

Once the car stopped completely, he leaned down to the ground and picked up a little box. He handed it to me. I looked up at him.

"Open it," he said with a hopeful lip bite.

I gulped down my nervousness and I carefully took the lid off of the box, trying not to show that my hands were shaking.

A silver heart held by a small chain appeared in front of me. I pulled it out of the box. It was a locket. I opened it up and began to tear up when I read the words, "You're my Angel. Thank you for being my best friend."

"It's beautiful," I said holding it up to the light.

Ryan smiled. "I'm sorry."

I laughed. "All is forgiven. Now, put this on me, you big goofball before we're late to the party."

I gave him the necklace, turned around and moved towards him, so I was kneeling on my seat.

He brought the locket around my neck and clasped it in the back.