Sister like a Devil

Dedicated to EdnaAlicePine for welcoming me back to this story and hoping my partner and i get through okay, we are, he says thank you for worrying <3

Elliot had never seen so much open land that wasn't overtaken by war, the fields of flowers, and the mountains and farm lands, he had never seen a place so peaceful and beautiful.

"We only got nother' hour to go" Randy said, his hands still wound in Elliot's, neither of the men tried to pull away once Randy had reached out to comfort the soldier. Elliot noticed that Randy's hands were soft, strangely so for a farmer. Elliot's own hands were slightly worn, scars traced his left hand from shielding his face from an ammo shed being blown up. But the coolness of Randy's hand was addicting, just how the warmth of Jose's was.

"Are you nervous?" Randy asked.

"For some reason, yes" Elliot played with Randy's fingers.

"Don't be, my family is a wonderful group of people, they welcomed Carson with open arms, and the town is rather sweet as well"

"I'll be okay" Elliot breathed, "as long as you're with me"

"As long as you're here, I'll be with you" Randy smiled and brought Elliot's hand to his lips, he pressed a soft kiss to Elliot's knuckled and kept his new found companions hand in his lap, intertwined with his own hand.

The rest of the ride was filled with Elliot asking questions about certain flowers, farm fields, animals, and other things. Randy drove the truck into the drive way of his family's barn and found himself lingering before unwinding his fingers from Elliot and opening the rusty door.

"We're here" Randy said and Elliot took a deep breath and stepped out of the truck. His feet landed lightly on the ground and he rose a brow at the bright green grass he was standing on.

"Soft huh" Randy snickered and pulled Elliot's bag from the bed of his truck and started walking towards the two story red paneled house.

"Even the sand in the dessert wasn't this soft" Elliot mused and stepped away to follow Randy. Randy didn't hear his comment and he was happy, no matter how hard Elliot tried to get his time in war out of his mind he could related it back to every second of his new everyday life.

He caught up to Randy who was opening to door, he walked in and Elliot followed, "I'm home!" Randy cheered and the stomping of feet made Elliot straighten up. A girl with long wavy blond hair trampled down the stairs and lunged to wrap her thin arms around her brother's torso.

"Hey Lizzy, I was only gone a day" Randy hugged his sister back and she pulled away, "maw and pa are speaking with the father about Carson and Harry"

"Awe, have you eaten?" Randy asked worriedly, Elliot smiled at the sweetness, Randy was a caregiver, a lover, he was someone people could count on. Elliot frowned at a sudden realization, if they were to ever...be something more...Randy would want to stay here, in this town, with his family.

"Maw left lunch, but it's rounding supper time and they aren't back yet, and Blake is out on the town"

"Of course that bugger is out on the town" Randy shook his head, his voice still thick with affection, "I'll make you something, please take Elliot upstairs to my room"

Lizzy looked at Elliot, the man staggering into a soldier like position and look at the teenage girl, she squinted and flashed a fake smile and nodded, releasing her hold on her older brother and gesturing for Elliot to pick up his bag. He did and Randy squeezed his arm and he started to walk after the 15 year old.

The stairs were covered in light oak wood and the walls were painted white with little yellow flowers on the walls. "This is Randy's room" Lizzy said opening a door to a bright and airy room.

"Thank you"

"Are you and my bother in love?" Lizzy asked bluntly.

Elliot gasped and turned to face Lizzy, "uh...no..."

"Do you want to be in love with my brother?"

"I want to help Randy, I know he lost a loved one, I want to lessen the blow, help him move on"

"I know my brother, I saw the squeeze he gave you, he gave that to Eli when they were in high school, and I've seen pictures"

"What are you implying?"

"Could you be called back?" she pointed to my uniform, "to whatever you're wearing that for?"

"I..." Elliot had to think and his hand drifted back unto the Jose's cross, "I...I don't know...maybe"

"Then please, stay just friends with him" Lizzy walked out of the room but stopped before she disappeared down the hallway, "the guest room is down the hall"

Elliot was unable to breathe correctly, he staggered and fell on his butt. His hand wrapped tightly around the cross and the tears fell from his eyes, making his uniform wet. His legs and arms began to shake and heart breaking whimpers of pain came from him.

There were more footsteps and Randy dropped to his knees in front of Elliot. Randy hesitated, he didn't know what to do.

"Hey, hey, Ellie, it's okay" Randy wound his arms around Elliot's chest and pulled him closer, Elliot was pressed close to Randy, Randy had one hand wrapped around Elliot's back, holing the man upright and the other cupped Elliot's red and crying face. Elliot still clung to the cross but managed to wrap his other arm around Randy's shoulders and cried loudly into the farmer's neck.

"I-I-I'm so sorry, I-I-I don't m-mean to b-b-be a bay-baby" Elliot attempted to get himself together but the tears kept streaming and Lizzy's words kept ringing in his ears.

"Shhhhh, Teddy, there is nothing to apologize for, you are okay, I'm so happy you're here, please, Teddy, tell me what's wrong"

"I'm supposed to be helping you god damn it" Elliot cursed, "here I am having a fucking panic attack over something your sister said, I'm useless, I was useless to Jose and I'm useless to you"

"oh, teddy, no" Randy kissed is head and made circles on Elliot's jaw with his thumb, "there was nothing you could do back then, it's not your fault, it's not my fault that Eli died, okay, that's just war, a war we were not supposed to be in, what did Lizzy say to you?"

"I-I was a special forces sergeant, if they need my skills, they could call me back anytime, she found out and told me to keep this friendly, you didn't need another dumb ass dead solider to cry over"

"Damn the lazy daisy" Randy frowned, "Elliot..." Randy sighed, "I like you, I've come to like you over the past two months we've been speaking, and I think we can help each other, this place, the place I was raised, it is beautiful and it heals let it heal you, and let me heal you, and I'll let you heal me"

Elliot had stopped sobbing but was still clinging to Randy. Randy smiled sadly and pressed his forehead to Elliot's damp one. Randy kissed Elliot's nose and nuzzled their noes together.

"Lizzy has dinner, it's been a very long day Teddy, for both of us, why don't we go to sleep, hit the hay?" Randy whispered.

Elliot nodded and let Randy strip him of his uniform and show him the bed, he watched as Randy closed the door and turned the lights off, making the room dim, but Elliot could see the few tattoos littering the farmer's arms. Randy crawled in next to Elliot and the two drifted off into the starry night.

Ydn�)2#-�j