(1)

Harry did it. He really did. He defeated Voldemort.

Everyone was surprised at first that it really happened. Some people were not even believing it happened. They didn't believe until they saw the headlines on the newspapers sent around the wizarding world. They didn't know a 7th year could even have any amount of power to defeat Voldemort. But, he did.

Voldemort being the evil person he is used an, 'Avada Kedavra'. While Harry used an, 'Expelliarmus'. So if Harry lost, he would've died. But, thank Merlin he didn't.

Now because of the rough battle, Hogwarts has to have repairs. That means I can't finish my 7th year. Professor McGonagall said they would have every wizard and witch from that year come back if they wanted and finish their year and/or years when Hogwarts is in prime condition. I knew that it wouldn't take long but I would need to keep studying to remember what I learned 7th year for when the year started up again in a few months.

There was a list of people who were coming back. Most of the 1st years, 2nd years, 3rd years, 4th years, and 5th years were coming back. But only half the class from the 6th and 7th years were. Most of the wizards and witches claimed they already knew enough. Thankfully, a few people I knew from 7th year were coming back with me.

Professor McGonagall taped up a list for the surviving students to say whether they were coming back or not. And I, Hermione Granger, was obviously the first to sign it.

7th Year Students Returning.
Hermione Granger.
Harry Potter.
Ronald Weasley.
Neville Longbottom.
Thomas Dean.
Luna Lovegood.
Seamus Finnegan.
Kingsley Shacklebolt.
Katie Bell.

And so much more friends. But to my surprise, my worst enemy was coming back too.

Draco Malfoy.

I'm going to have to survive my last few months alongside a boy who called me a 'Mudblood' in my short few years at Hogwarts.

The word 'Mudblood' made cringe and I looked down at the scar Draco's aunt, Bellatrix, gave me. My fingers traced over the scar and my mind flooded back to the horrible memory. Thank Merlin that it's all over.

//

It's been a few days since the raging battle. I've been camping out at a shelter the remaining  teachers made in the Great Hall in Hogwarts waiting for Harry or Ron. Maybe soon they would want to get up and do something other than sit there and look empty.

But that's all they did.

Ron was utterly depressed over the death of his brother, Fred. He couldn't seem to move unless his parents made him eat or drink. Finally, his parents took him back to the Burrow to try to cheer him up. But, it only made it worse. Ron had flashbacks about his brother whenever he looked at a specific item. It really hurt to see him like this.

Harry had developed a spark of craziness the night after the battle. He always was screaming in his sleep and saying that the people who died was all his fault. Harry had nightmare after nightmare every night. A doctor told us it was post traumatic stress disorder. Harry would get better, but first it would have to get worse.

I was worried for the both of them.

I thought that Ron or Harry would try to help me out after the war since I have no where to go now, but it was turned tables.

I was the one to have to help them.

Since I had no home or parents, I packed up my trunk and turn towards the door. My trunk was a bother to carry around. Whispering the incantation, a red light shot out of my wand and turned my trunk into a small backpack.

This is it.

I'm finally going out into the world by myself. And honestly, I was scared to death.

//

The only place I knew to go was Diagon Alley. I might see someone I know who can help point me into the right direction.

I walked around but no one seemed to be there. It was practically empty. Very odd there's usually a lot of people here. The shops also seemed gloomier and I didn't even seen the regular shops.

Sighing, I walked into an alley way. I pulled a blanket out of my purse and sat down on the ground wrapping myself in its warm delight. I had to think of a plan. Something. Anything.

And that's when a brilliant plan came to mind.

Tomorrow, I will head back to the forest I took refuge with Harry and Ron. I will set up camp there and fend for myself.

The warm blanket made me feel really drowsy. My eyes slowly fluttered into darkness. Then, I fell to sleep clutching my wand in my right hand.

//

I woke up and it was dark out. I couldn't see a thing. A spell immediately flew out of my mouth, "Lumos." The tip of my wand lit up like the sun.

Using the wand to see around, I realized I wasn't that I wasn't in Diagon Alley. No wonder nothing looked familiar. It's because I was too scared to realize that I wasn't in the right place.

I was in Knockturn Alley.

Various shadows of all kinds of forms were creeping towards me as a shiver crawled up my spine. This is it.

This is where I die.

------------

Hello! This was the first chapter and I hoped you enjoyed it! May I remind you.

This is my first Harry Potter fanfiction.

So it won't be perfect.

Updates will be longer but for now I wanted to give you all something immediately so you could read it and see if you liked it.

Please leave suggestions in the comments.

Much love, always.
brerush