Bedtime

Usually I would go to bed at around 10:30 PM so that I could get half an hour to fall asleep so that I could get the recommended eight hours of sleep. A lot of people in my grade go to bed later so they're probably always tired. Their problem I suppose.

I brought my phone, a black Nexus 5 32 GB, into my bedroom that night. Usually I wouldn't text people so I could get that eight hours but I knew Angela was often on Facebook so I decided to try messaging her. I turned out the light, climbed into bed, plugged my charger in and stared into the blindingly bright screen. After slightly yelping and turning down the brightness, I searched for Angela's name on Messenger.

Alex: Hi.
Angela: hello?
Alex: How are you?
Angela: oh, good
Alex: I'm good too.
Angela: hahaha I didn't ask?
Alex: Oh, sorry.
Angela: dw
Alex: Ok.
Alex: Would you like to talk?

Angela: um I thought we were already

Alex: I suppose.

Alex: Actually, what music do you listen to?

Angela: idk just radio things, pop I guess.

Alex: Oh.

I was mildly disappointed by this revelation. I listen exclusively to classical music, except for Green Day for some reason I'm not entirely sure of either.

Alex: Do you like Green Day?
Angela: not really. they're not bad but I don't listen to them much.
Alex: Oh ok.

There was a pause while I waited for her to continue the conversation. She didn't so I did instead.

Alex: Do you play sport?
Angela: tennis

Alex: I can imagine you playing that.
Alex: You seem like a tennis player.

Angela: thats good

Angela: you'd hope that i look like a tennis player haha

Alex: Yeah I do hope.

Alex: I used to play sport but I stopped.

Alex: Well, it was kung fu. I think that counts as a sport to most people.

Alex: I wasn't bad at it but I wanted to focus on school work.

Alex: I don't seem like the kind of person to do kung fu but I did. It was a long time ago.
Angela: haha

I waited again for her to try continue but I felt maybe she thought that was enough conversation for one night so I shrugged, turned off my phone and went to sleep. It took longer than usual because I had been staring at a screen but I still managed close enough to 8 to not worry.