Chapter 4: Mom

AN: I think I'm going to write in third person for a bit, just to try it out. Tell me how you like it?
***
"QUIEEEEEEEEEET!" Her voice rang through the room. Esme and Cameron just smiled, getting out something to write on and a pencil. Seeming as though they were the only ones, they heard the familiar roar of their teacher. "SIT DOWN AND WRITE DOWN THE VOCABULARY WHILE I TAKE ATTENDANCE." The class didn't really pay attention much, until they heard the worst punishment in the class. "Don't make me close the bathrooms again!" All the students frowned, knowing how terrible that would be.

This room was the black box, and was used as the classroom for the acting students. Since it was also used as a place to wait during shows, it was equipped with one-person bathrooms, and they were the nicest on campus.

Just as the class started to quiet down, there was a knock on the door. "GET A PASS!" Silence. As soon as the other students started muttering, they heard the audible cachink of the metal door opening. None other than the talkative supervisor Mr. P stood there with a big smile. "Hey Reichl, I have a student for you."
"How do I return them? Ugh! Thanks anyways though," she teased with a smile, as the class watched the chestnut-haired, hazel-eyed boy walk in, nervously walking up to Reichl. Bad choice, Cameron thought. She watched as Reichl messed with him, interrupting him over and over again.  "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?"
"Um, I'm kinda new and-"
"What do you WANT??"
"Well this is my class I thi-"
"Are you selling something??"
"I don't think s-"
"Do you have coffee??"
"No I do-"
"Well FINE. Give me THAT" and as she said that, she snatched his schedule out of his hands. "Hmmm, Chris Kendall, Acting 2. I just want to say, from the bottom of my heart, I'm so sorry."
"W-w-why??" Chris whispered.
"Because Kendall is right next to Kelly in the alphabet, meaning you're sitting next to Cameron..." And with that, the room erupted with a slur of people yelling variations of 'poor guy' , 'lucky it's him and not me' , and of course 'why do bad things happen to good people??'  Cameron stood up and yelled, "Do you want to fight? Come at me!!" as Reichl snorted behind her. Chris took his seat by Cameron, and shot her a grateful smile. Chris scanned the room for familiar faces when his eyes met his Princess Esmeralda, dazzling his day. He looked starstruck.
"You know, you're going to have to talk to her if you want her to be yours," Cameron nonchalantly muttered.
"What? Why would you say I want her to be mine?"
"Because 1. She's my best friend, why wouldn't you? B. You didn't call me a princess when you met me. And tres, your blush gives it away," Cameron shrugged as Chris' mouth hung slightly open in disbelief. How does she understand me so well already? Chris thought to himself. Cameron handed Chris her vocabulary notebook to copy previous vocab words. Once he seemed distracted, Cameron made eye contact with Esme. She hid her hand as she signed to her best friend across the room. Chresme will be real. Trust me.