Chapter 5: Awkward.

*Cameron's POV*
          One thing to know about Reichl's class; you never know what to expect. As the class finished vocabulary, Reichl started talking about today's assignment. "Since everyone finished their scenes and you guys don't need to have your dramatic scenes picked out until we return from our much needed break, thank god for that, we're going to do an improv! Get in groups of four and make up an improv about.... Love! I'm giving you five minutes, GO." I quickly grab Chris and Esme and search for a potential fourth person. I could partner with Denny, but she has a huge ego and too much "street cred" for me. There's also Guillermo, but he never shows up. Just then, I made eye contact with Sergio, and I could tell by his welcoming smile that he wanted to join our group. He stood tall out of his chair lazily, since he was always tired in acting. He appeared in shape, even though he didn't need to work out to look that way, always wore a smile, and radiated friendliness and confidence. As he walked over, Esme admired his bouncing curls and we prepared ourselves for whatever hilariously inappropriate thing would come out of his mouth in suggestion form. Before he could get anything out, I blurted out, "So who thinks they can act like they're in love?" Cricket. Cricket. Cricket. "Well I can't act like I'm in love with Sergio, and everyone already knows I'm in love with Esme, so that's just too easy," I continued while everyone nodded in agreement. Just then, Sergio decided to speak up. "Well why don't Esme and Chris act like they're in love? I mean if you're not okay with it Chris, I guess we can try Esme and I..."
Chris glanced around, realizing the gang was awaiting an answer. Panicking, he squealed, "No! I mean... Yes! I mean, I'm okay. Not meaning I don't want to, I mean I'm okay with doing it. I mean... If you're okay with it Esme?" Fucking Sergio, you broke him.
As Esme muttered a "sure", I dragged Sergio away.
"Hey is everything okay?" Sergio said, furrowing his eyebrows.
"Yes but at the same time not at all. You see Esme likes Chris and Chris likes Esme and neither knows about the other and I just want everyone to be happy in the end and you fucking broke him!" I stared as Sergio as I saw his lips creep into a smile.
"Awe, that's so cute."
"That's not the point, we need to make this as painless as possible."
"Okay, I have an idea. Just follow my lead."
Oh great. Though this scared the hell out of me, he was my best friend and I trusted him. As we arrived, we started talking through different ideas to demonstrate the feeling of love.
"How about a proposal?" I suggested.
"That sounds good, how would we do it?" Esme questioned.
"Well Chris could propose to you like this," I stated while kneeling in front of Sergio.
"WOAH, BUY ME A DRINK FIRST!" Sergio exclaimed and winked at me. It took me a second to understand when I realized this is his idea. God, he's such an idiot sometimes.
"You require a drink first? How classy of you." Chris said between laughs. My god. It worked. Maybe he's not such an idiot after all.