(One-Shot)

________________________

Happy Fifty Followers To Me! This is a thanks to you all!

________________________

This is an One-Shot that I wrote at ungodly hours of the morning.

________________________

  6,060 Words

________________________

A small chorus of laughs was heard from the towering castle in the Kingdom of Desmond. It had been a while since laughter that joyous and smiles that large were thrown in the castle, but the ignominy behind them was dreadful as propriety was held to a low that day. The laughter was flittering between the Queen and the Prince as they hid themselves in a room far from the King's, hardly caring what would happen were they found.

The king was all too stuck in his work to notice his brother and wife missing anyway. Many piles of papers had plagued him over the past few weeks as he dealt with some trouble in a nearby kingdom, concerning their trade.

The man who was called king was in no doubt, a good man and King. The words fit him well, but husband was never a word used to describe the man in the throne. His wife was neglected in the simplest of words to the point where he saw her at meals, and—if he ever had the chance—bed. In bed they slept solemnly and silent, never straying from their side to go beyond the barrier they had created. The king never touched her, so in return she never touched him. Or his mask.

The masked King we speak of is that still of a great King, yet he hides a horrible deformity from his kingdom and family. His brother seldom knows what lies behind the mask, while being good friends with his brother, a ten year age difference hindered him from seeing the deformity. He was just born when the future King had received a mask to shield the kingdom. "To shield the kingdom of the knowledge of an imperfect King." Their father had once said.

Erik never removed the mask to this day. Changing and washing his face, yes, but for others to see and spectate, the occurrence never happened until our story began.

Back to the giddy couple, the affair of brother and queen had been going on for practically the whole length of her marriage. The first time her perfect hazel eyes locked with his, he wished to run his hand through the perfect brunette curls and run his hands over her porcelain skin. While this may sound bad, the two hardly worried, for they were certain they loved one another... And they had a plan.

Queen Emily Destler would move in with Prince Charles Destler after they had hired her an imitator. A person who looked exactly as Emily did, she would fill the queens shoes to fulfill her child's fantasies with her prince. The younger brother was much more pleasing in the young Emily's eyes. This imitator would be someone the queen herself had already chosen and had ready, perfectly set up to play as her kings Queen. This woman was none other than a small choir girl from the town-church, Christine Daaé.

Also of twenty years, she shared everything in common when it came to the Queen. Her perfect hazel eyes and chocolate curls that bounced when she walked. The Queen and this young woman looked exactly alike, and, had you not known that the Queen holds a birthmark on her left shoulder, you wouldn't know the difference. Therefore, only the prince was able to decipher the code, because he was the only who had seen her bare. And the small peasant woman didn't throw him glances of lust every chance she got.

No, Christine had more of a docile personality that seeped kindness and almost forced you to want to know her because of that persona she emitted. Hardly anyone could deny Christine, and the king was soon to find that out.