Chapter IV

Livy's P.O.V.

I walked into the pavilion with shudders of fear flying through me.

What had they done? Why had they done it? What do I look like? What will everyone think?

Many other questions wormed their way into my brain as I stood, alone, in front of every camper.

Everyone's face went blank as they caught sight of me.

Girls suppressed giggles, and guys showed no restraint. Laughing louder and more rambunctiously than hyenas, they pointed and stared and poked fun of me.

I looked down at the outfit I had put on blindfolded back at the Aphrodite cabin.

It reminded me of what my grandma used to wear before she passed away.

Pastel colored top and capris, both a bit loose and the same shade of blue. A blue floral cardigan and a plethora of rings and broaches and other types of jewelry only an older woman would wear.

Tears welled behind my eyes.

"Your welcome, grandma!" Drew sneered as she held out a hand mirror for me to see the hair and make-up.

My hair was high and curled. Too much hairspray made every strand of my hair stand almost on end. Dark circles laid under my eyes, causing the effect of a tired old woman. My lipstick was too bright a shade and my mascara was purposely clumped and overly applied. My eye shadow was a darker blue and there was, also, way too much of it. There was a bit of blush, but I didn't need any. I was already blushing to an extreme level of red, more of a vermillion.

Staring back at myself, I made out little make-up-made wrinkles.

The tears were no longer trapped behind my eyes. They were streaming down my face, messing up the beautiful job the Drew Crew and help had done.

"What the hell is wrong with you, Drew?!" Carman snarled in such a scary tone, Drew flinched.

"Nothing. It's what's wrong with her face!" Drew teased, pointing at me.

I saw Carman ball her fists. "I should kick all your asses, but that would just be a waste of my time!" she screamed for everyone to hear.

There was no mistaking her pure anger and hatred. I'd never seen anyone angrier. Not even my father.

She came over to me and wrapped her arms around me in a bit of an awkward hug. "It's okay. Let's go get you cleaned up."

As we turned to leave, Carman whipped around and shot eye-daggers at every last camper.

We were walking back to the cabins when we heard a splash and turned toward the lake.

But, the water was completely still and nothing looked different. I thought I could have sworn I'd heard someone scream the moment before the splash and seen a few bubbles float to the surface. How could I have seen tiny little bubbles from here, I questioned myself. I thought no more of it and turned to keep walking with Carman.