Confident

Emma and Michael met every single day for more than 6 hours in that week, they studied very hard, memorizing what needs to be memorized, understanding what needs to be understand, they used all the different methods of studying; they tried it while eating, while listening to music, while chewing chewing gum, they used flashcards, and many more. Of course they had their fun when they took their fifteen minute breaks; like watching funny short clips, jumping on one of each others beds, or simply just talking. They grew so close Michael thinks they're best friends now, he doesn't know how Emma feels though, and it might shock him that she feels the same way.

*Emma*

"We... Ms. Clifford are going to god damn ACE those finals. I never felt more filled up with information in my life. And for once... I feel confident. I feel like i'm going to walk in every day to the examination room without nervousness and anxiety filling up my body, and fear making my hand shake; I'm not going to screw up or for once... Try to cheat! Holy crap, Mike..." I said, feeling very excited. I had this weird feeling inside of me, like invisible flies swarming around my head; making me want to jump in a field of roses and just eat ice cream and enjoy myself. Is... Is that what it feels like?

Michael smiled and looked away, "Stop," He waved his hand dismissively.

"No, honestly..." I said, I unconsciously brought my face closer to his; Michael and I were sitting on his bed, and he had his arm around me since it was comfortable for both of us, and I didn't even feel nor notice our faces coming closer to each other, "You really, truly make me happy." We came even closer, now our noses lightly brushing against each other, and thats when I snapped out of it. I cleared my throat and moved away from him entirely.

We survived through a pretty long awkward silence, but then thank god Michael broke it.

"Do you like Harry Potter?"

I snorted as if nothing happened, "Do I like Harry Potter? I love Harry Potter! I read all the books and watched all- most of the movies. The last two I didn't have the time to."

His eyes lit up and he bolt up from his bed, he grabbed me from the arm gently.

"Come on! That's great news! That means we can watch the last two movies!" Michael said excitedly, lightly pulling my hand; I got up.

"Really? Right now?" I said, feeling those invisible flies fly around my head again.

"Yeah. Why not? I mean we did study all god damn week, we deserve a break. Plus, we studied everything, we left nothing unread or un-memorized. " He tried to persuade me, and it worked.

"True." I said, feeling defeated but happy. So he took me to his living room and put a CD into the player.

"It'll take a minute to load and start so i'll bring some popcorn and cookies." He said, and he was back with the snacks before the movie even started.

****

"Dude, did you know Michael is literally popular?" Sarah said.

The examination room was a mess, people revising, other people just talking and gossiping, other people staring at the walls. We had ten minutes left until they have us seated and distribute the exam papers; Michael was talking with his group of friends a few tables down from where my seat was and Sarah took that as her queue to come and talk to me.

"So?" I said, raising an eyebrow.

"Dude? Remember him when the year first began? Please, you didn't even knew he existed." She said.

"Well, that's true. But i'm glad that I do now." I said, playing with my pen, pulling it in between my fingers and tapping it on the table slightly.

"Okay. Just wanted to tell you that people are speaking about him now. I even heard that a bunch of girls asked him to hang out with him after school but he rejected them like they were a piece of trash!" Sarah said, raising her eyebrows in shock. My jaw dropped.

"Where did you hear that? That's so untrue! They all had boyfriends and they were only three, by the way. They asked him if he wanted to have a foursome with them that night, which is very weird. And he laughed and kindly said 'Oh, no... i'm sorry. But you guys have fun with out me.' I remember very well." I said, correcting her.

"Oh." She said. "Well, he's nice."

"Yeah, and kind-hearted." I said, looking at him while he laughed as his friend Calum punched his arm.

"Woah, hold up. Do you like him?" She said, taking a step back to act as if she's offended I didn't run up to her and tell her the minute I found out.

"What? No. I don't know. But we're just really close friends." I smiled.

"Okay, well... Good luck. I hope you at least tried to study for this exam." She said, leaving my side to go sit in her seat. Then, the bell ran, signalling the students to quiet down and get to their seats.

I smiled to myself, feeling confident and physically and mentally ready. You know nothing, my dear Sarah.

*********************