Chapter 7

{REMASTERED, if you've already read this chapter, please skip to the ending to read my VERY IMPORTANT NOTE. Thank you. :) ♡}

Wednesday, August 29, 1973 11:15 am

While Crystal Blue was standing at her locker, she thought for a small moment on that night. She had birthday plans for Michael, but has been keeping it a secret for the past week. She smiled to herself as she got out her Human Anatomy binder and textbook.

Before she closed her locker, she spotted Michael walking down the hall with a female, about 5'4, light brown hair, fair skin, and hazel eyes that almost resembled Crystal Blue's contacts. She watched as they laughed and couldn't help but feel the least bit of jealousy. The female leaned against the set of lockers and smiled as Michael got out his Human Anatomy binder then shoved it into his bag while he smiled.

"I'm being stupid." Crystal Blue told herself, "They're just talking and laughing. It's nothing." she said brushing the scene off of her shoulders and walking to class by herself. She passed his locker and proceeded down the hall, then heard him calling after her. She turned around and looked at him. "Yes?" she calmly asked.

"Why'd you walk off? You know we usually walk to every class together." he said, sounding a little offended.

She smiled. "I'm sorry, I just thought you were in the middle of a conversation; I didn't want to seem weird waiting on you."

He gave her a puzzled look. "Okay..." he said. Michael has noticed that Crystal Blue has been a little distant from him that day. She never waved to him before going into the bathroom, she didn't come to his room after she finished dressing like she always did, she looked out of the window the entire car ride to school, and now, she kept leaving him every time they were to walk to a class together. He was beginning to feel like he did something wrong. "Blue," he lightly grabbed her arm and turned her to face him, "what's wrong?" he asked sincerely. "What did I do?" he asked, looking into her eyes as he searched for an answer.

"Michael, nothing's wrong." she stated simply. She hated that he thought that she was upset with him, but if she were to interact with him, she was afraid she would say or do something wrong; afraid she'd ruin the surprise. But she knew she had to ignore that feeling. This was for the best, anyways, right? She continued,"Now come on, we're gonna be late." she turned around and continued the short walk to class with a very confused Michael trailing behind her.

"Alright everyone. Today's lesson is on the digestive system." Mrs. Moonier said as she pulled up the notes onto the computer projecter. "Open your textbooks to page 73, that's where we are beginning."

Crystal Blue picked up her textbook and did as she was told with zero hassle. Michael, on the other hand, had a little trouble. While he was at his locker, he only grabbed his binder and forgot his textbook.

"Blue!" he whispered. She looked over at him and smirked, raising an eyebrow. "Can I share books with you?" he whisper-yelled to her. She simply nodded and signaled him to sit next to her in the empty seat. He smiled, gathered all of his things and relocated himself next to her.

"When we eat our food, our mouth goes to great extents to break the food up, using amylase in the saliva in order to do a proper breakdown. After that...." Mrs. Moonier rambled on while Crystal Blue and Michael simply copied the notes out of the book, paying no attention to her.

"I don't see why she stands up there lecturing to us, it's pointless, really." Crystal Blue confessed. "I mean, you and me, we basically teach ourselves everything by the book. We don't even need her most of the time."

He snickered. "Well," he started as he wrote, "homeschooled students tend to be a little more intelligent than the greater majority of the students in public schools. Just look at it as an advantage." he said.