Chapter 10

Throwing of the graduation hats usually symbolizes freedom, the first step to independence in life. Meredith, Michael, Shailene and Crystal Blue all got together and once the time was right, they launched their caps into the sky and made sure to keep their eyes up and locked on them, making sure they caught their rightful caps once they descended. Hugging, celebrating in jubilee, the 4 friends headed to the afterparty, finally free. What shocked Crystal Blue so much after the tossing of the hats was how much freedom and independence she actually received.

"Close your eyes, Babycakes." Michael said as they inched closer to their destination in the limo. "I want to see the look on your face once you see this." He said. She could hear the smile coming through his words as he spoke.

She smiled and hesitantly closed her eyes. "Shails? Meredith?" She asked, "Are you two in this with him?"

They laughed. "Well, since you asked," spoke Meredith, "Yep!"

Crystal Blue laughed, "Lovebug?" She began to feel around the limo for his presence. "Where are you?" She asked with her eyes closed tightly.

"Right here." He whispered into her ear as he slowly inched his way next to her. He put his hands on her shoulders and massaged them. "Honey, just relax. We'll be fine."

"Where are we going?" She asked as she felt for and grabbed his hand.

"Home, of course." He laughed. "Where else, silly?"

"A party at home?" She asked hesitantly. "I just thought that--"

"Yes, Blue. A party at home." He laughed, "It'll be fun, I promise."

"Mike." Meredith called. "Mike! We're here!" She said excitedly. "Help her out."

He laughed, "Meredith, if I didn't know you any better, I'd think you were bossing me around." He said as he held on to Crystal Blue while looking directly at Meredith, smirking. "I'd check ya tone, girl."

"Check MY tone?" She laughed loudly, "Oh, you're funny." She put her hair back in a ponytail and laughed. "Really funny."

"Could someone tell me what's going on?!" Crystal Blue shouted impatiently.

"Just relax, Blue. Relax." He calmed.

The door opened, making Crystal Blue jump out of slight fear. Michael noticed and laughed, then stepped out of the car with Crystal Blue following closely behind. She planted her feet on the ground firmly and held on to his arm. "Okay, I can take it from here." She said. "I've been walking up these 10 stairs for almost my entire life, everyday now. I got this." She broke away from Michael's grip and began to walk independently.

"Babe! No, wait!" He grabbed hold of her arm again, "Just stay with me. Please. Just trust me." He walked her up a few flights of stairs and down 2 long corridors with Meredith and Shailene close behind them.

"Michael, this is alot more steps and halls I remember taking just to get home. Where are we?" She asked confusedly.

"We are home, I promise, Love." He said softly. He walked her up to the door and smiled at her. "Keep 'em closed, girl. Here, hold your hand out." He said.

She giggled and lifted her right hand out, ready to receive whatever it was he was about to give her.

He smiled and placed a single key in her hand. "Open." He said and stood back in between Meredith and Shailene, waiting on a reaction. Once both eyes were open, she looked down at the key in her hand and smiled. "Guys, what's this all about?" She looked up and her smile immediately faded, and was replaced by a face of shock and disbelief. "Oh my God, where are we?" She knew in the back of her mind where they were, but she needed to hear it. She needed confirmation.