Let The Flames Begin

"House party!" Dylan screams in a, Rick James voice walking into the driveway of what appears to be a two-story frat house.

Amber and Desirè start laughing at his side. "Ohmigod Dylan, you're sooo funny." Desirè flips her dark blonde curly hair.

"I know." He said giving a devilish smirk to Desirè, "It's a gift."

***

"You sure we're getting laid tonight???" Josh asks with questionable doubt.

"Hell yeah, dude. No girl will be able to keep their eyes off us." Andrew says winking and clicking his tongue at Josh.

"I hope you're right," Josh murmurs straight-faced.

Ignoring his friend’s comment, Andrew continues fixing his hair. After he finishes (doing whatever to his hair,) he turns to look at his friend. "Guess what, dude."

"What?" Josh questions, his face showing his interest in what his girl-crazy, ‘all knowing’ roommate is about to say.

"Megan's goin'," He spoke smugly, enjoying the feeling of knowing something his friend didn’t.

Without warning, Josh's heart starts to race and he feels like passing out yet he becomes more hyperactive at the same time. He gets more meticulous in terms of his appearance and starts looking for something new and better to wear. He now begins seeing this house party as a time to dress to impress. He thinks such a girl as Megan Bluely — a tall, tanned, blue eyed girl with beautiful, long dark hair — deserves more than thermal t-shirts and jeans, not to say that he'd walk out in a tuxedo but, he might as well dress like a gentleman. Not to mention that Josh was already a sweetheart and all he needed to do was tell Megan what she'd needed to hear three douche-bag boyfriends ago.

"You'll need all the luck in the world tonight," Andrew snickers, watching Josh race around the room, striping an article of clothing at a time as he changes into something more presentable.

Josh doesn’t spare Andrew a look as he stops in front of the mirror, his new outfit already on his person. With a wave of his hand, he dismisses Andrew’s comment. "All I have to worry about is Megan. I don't care if I get laid anymore." With a soft smile on his face, he adjusts his designer jeans and gray blazer.

Andrew's jaw drops, "Dude."

"I-I mean it." Josh looks at himself in the mirror, smiles a little bit, then fixes his hair.

***

"Tonight is going to be awesome" Taylor smiles so hard that her lips stretch two more inches.

"You are ridiculously happy." Megan giggles.

"Hell yeah! I can't wait to see what this party has in store!" Taylor screams her excitement.

Megan picks up her Aussie hairspray and starts spraying her hair.

“Don’t spray too much! You don’t want your hair to be sticky when some guy runs their fingers through it!” Taylor warns Megan.

“Or when I do.” Megan looks at Taylor with slanted brows.

“So are you telling me you don’t plan on hooking up with anyone?” Megan stays quiet. “You’re kidding me right?” She raised her eyebrows.

Rubbing her temples, Megan sits down and thinks about her past relationships. “I’m sick of talking to guys that act just like Trent, Kevin, and Dylan” She crosses her arms. “What makes you think they’ll be some different species tonight?”

“If you wanted a cutie with a brain, you should’ve let me text Abel,” says Taylor, putting her hands on her hips and bobbing her head from side to side annoyed at her friend’s comment.

“I wasn’t ready for him and you know that. Besides, Kevin was the same way.” Megan walks to the bathroom and fixes her make up: Golden eyeshadow, black eyeliner and nude lipstick.

Taylor follows her into the bathroom and stops right at the door, leaning on the door frame. “Please don’t act so ridiculous.”

Megan rolls her eyes. “Shut up and put your shoes on.” Taylor rolled her eyes again and then makes her way to her bedroom.

***

"You look like a smut." Claire says, crossing her arms.

“Really?” Morgan twirled in front of her roommate then walked to her ivory body mirror at the corner of her room next to her closet, wearing only ripped up denim short shorts and a floral tube top.

“Hmm, not exactly but you do look trashy.” She slants her lips.

“I don’t even care because anytime I go to a house party all my good shit gets destroyed.” Morgan walks to the bathroom and fixes her high ponytail and her bang.

“That doesn’t give you a reason to under dress” Claire yells from Morgan’s girly-but-messy room.

“It’s 89 degrees on a Wednesday night. Do you expect me to dress like a nun?” Rolling her eyes, Morgan walks back to her room, to see her friend fiddling with her eyeliner make it longer than usual.

“Let me borrow your beat up, black converse.” Claire finishes putting her lipstick on and starts blowing kisses to herself.

Morgan shrugs, “Uh sure.”

“Thanks.”

Claire winks at Morgan, who had already found the pair and was sliding them on. She then walks into her room and slides on her acid washed Vans and tucked the laces inside.

“How do I look?” Claire stands in the doorway of Morgan’s room, fluffing her blonde, green-tipped hair out.

Morgan looks up, only to see Claire in a girly-grunge green, plaid, tiered dress and in the beat up converse she let her borrow for tonight. “Like you’re ready to fuck shit up. In a good way of course.” Morgan starts to smile then says, “Let’s go.”

***

Christopher goes down the list of ‘Supplies to a Kick-Ass Par-Tay’. “Got the Kegs, got the Vodka, got the backup ‘Vodka’, Corona, Buds, Tequila, lots of lime, some Bourbon and―”

“―Oh come off it will you. We stacked enough.” Alexis complains, laying on the couch, tired.

“I’m making sure we have enough.” Christopher squints hard at his crazy, british roommate,  Alexis.

“Don’t stress it, dude. Most of the time people bring their own beer. So they’re helping out either way!” Aaron pats Christopher on the back, hard enough to make him cringe and whimper softly.

Pushing Aaron’s hand away, Christopher grips his left shoulder. “Ow. Um, OK.”

“I already see some of our party guests.” Aaron looks out the window with a devilish smirk.

Alexis jumps off the couch and screams, “Showtime!”

Christopher jumps, not appreciating her outburst, but shrugs it off, saying, “Let’s go ape shit.”