Chapter 6: Training Scores

"Primrose Everdeen, District 12," I say.
They look at me as I fly through the climbing station. They give some good looks. They look pretty drunk, though.
I head over to the knives, my favorite. I hit every single one in the bullseye, even the moving ones.
I put on two knife belts, and a knife jacket and prepare for moving targets again.
I hit all of them in the heart, just like Clove.
In the end, the give me very approving looks, and dismiss me.
When I see Cato and the others as I come out, the first thing I say is, "Clove and I can be called the girls who never miss."
They cheer me on and we talk about what scores we think we got, then go to our floors.
I can't wait to see what Cato's surprise for me is. He's so sweet, even for a Career. Careers are supposed to be coldhearted killers. He's a killer, but not coldhearted.
At about 5, the training scores come on and I can't wait to see mine.
"District 1, Marvel with a score of...10. Glimmer with a score of...10. District 2, Cato with a score of...10. Clove, with a score of...10," Ceasar says. I'm so excited for them. The other Districts average a 3-6. The little girl, Rue gets a 7 and Thresh has an 8.
"District 12, Primrose Everdeen with a score of...11. Peeta Mellark, with a score of...8," Caesar says.
Everybody around me is saying congratulations. I look at Peeta, and he doesn't look happy.
"Is the big boy sad that he didn't get a good score?" I ask.
"No. It's that you are in the Careers alliance, and you outshone them. Watch them kill you in your sleep," he says.
"You're with the Careers?" Effie shouts, clearly angry and suprised.
"Yeah, I'm not going into this alone," I say.
Then I head up to my room.
******************************
Cato's POV
Marvel, Glimmer, Clove and I all got 10's. Then I see Prim get an 11. I'm so shocked, I can't think straight. The Peeta dude gets an 8, so we will have to kill him fast, but all I can think about is Prim. I can't wait to surprise her tonight, and give her my gift.
******************************
Peeta's POV
I can't believe that she got an 11. I really can't believe that she's with the Careers. At least I have one ally, Rue.
******************************
Prim POV
At 10, like always, I go up to the roof to meet Cato. He said he had a surprise for me, so I'm more excited to meet. Ever since the first night, we've been almost inseparable at training. He's not up here yet, so I make my way to our spot where we usually sit.
He comes up a few minutes later, still in training clothes, like me.
"Hey beautiful," he says, then kisses me.
"Hey yourself, handsome," I say.
"How did you manage that score? It was the best by far," he says, as he kisses me.
"It was easy, climbed a few ropes, threw knives at moving dummies, and they were actually looking at me," I said.
"Why wouldn't they look at you, you're beautiful," he said.
"And you're just as handsome as I am beautiful," I said.
"I've got a surprise for you," he said.
"And what is that surprise?" I ask.
"This. Will you, Primrose Everdeen, be my girlfriend?" He asks, dropping to one knee and holding a beautiful box, with a necklace that has a sword and a knife in the middle.
"Yes!" I say, to excited to say anything else.
He comes up and kisses me passionately, like there isn't anything going on around us.
"Woohoo!" I hear people behind us say.
I pull out of the kiss and see Glimmer, Marvel, and Clove standing behind us, cheering.
"What are you guys doing here?" I ask.
"We helped Cato get that for you," Marvel says.
"You guys are the best," I say, pulling them into a group hug.
By now, it's about 11, so I go to bed. But before I go, Ii go up to Cato and give him a kiss goodnight.
"Goodnight," I tell him.
"Goodnight," he says back.
******************************
Glimmer POV
"Is she going to say yes?" I ask the others.
"She just did! Yay!" They said.
"Woohoo!" We say, as we come out of our hiding spot.
They break out of their kiss, and come over to us.
"What are you guys doing here?" She asks.
"We helped Cato get that for you," Marvel says.
"You guys are the best!" She says, pulling us into a group hug.
She then goes to bed, but we stay up here.
"I know that we all want to win, but I can't let Prim die," Cato says.
That's right, in two days, we go into the Hunger Games, where 23 of us will die.
"I have an idea," I say.
"What is it?" Clove asks.
"Well, we all stick together until it's just us left, then we die, Prim stays alive, but we need to get a deal with Seneca, the head gamemaker. After we 'die' Seneca makes us come back to life, and Cato and Clove surprise Prim at her Victors interview, and the replay of the Games, while me and Marvel will meet her on the train," I say.
"That's brilliant," Marvel says.
"I will be the one to make the deal, since I know that nobody turns down a blond, especially a hot one. From experience," I say.
"Ok, let's do it," Cato says.