Chapter 7 "The Dream continues..."

Chapter 7 “The Dream continues…”

“---Sir Logan.” I finally realize its Logan! While I am in shock before I know it tears fall down my cheeks.

“T-this can’t be…” I stutter.

“I know, even I was baffled.” He says it while wiping a tear from my face.

“Candice…You know I will do anything in my power to prevent this wedding from happening.”

“Logan, I don’t want to get you into any trouble, I don’t want to see you get hurt.”

“Well, I don’t want to see youget hurt.”

A sound comes from the bushes, a person’s footsteps.

“I hear something.”

There’s complete silence then the sound is no longer heard.

“Well, whatever it was it’s gone now, probably a rabbit of some sort.”

Logan finally takes off his mask and I can see his face. Young, well built, and charming, of course a lot of women would fall for him.

“Candice we must go now, we have been gone for too long now, I’ll go first and you follow to avoid suspicion.”

I nod and put on a worried expression.

Logan crashes his lips unto mine, gently but longingly. The kiss was passionate. Lets just say this is like my first kiss, but Im not REALLY me...so this is awkward. 

“I’ll see you soon.”

Logan walks away without another word.

This makes me put on a sad smile but I still feel like crying.

When I am about to walk inside people are gathered on the dance floor and King Louis is in the middle of the noisy crowd and is about to speak.

He says, “May I have your attention please.”

The crowd finally settles down and the king continues,

“I have a very special announcement to make! My brother, Sir Logan, and a close friend of mine, Lady Catherine, have been officially engaged! And I am here to invite all of you to the wedding ball by the end of the month.”

Everyone’s eyes are now trained on Lady Catherine and Logan.

When I see Catherine’s face it reminds me of the Catherine now, and I have the urge to slap her silly but I don’t since I can’t control myself.

Catherine looks like she won the lottery while Logan looks like a pail of water was just splashed in his face, I bet he didn’t know it would be so soon, but Lady Candice, me, thinks otherwise.

My face looks like a hundred knives have just been stabbed into my heart, my face is enraged, then I just walk out.

When the other me leaves I stay and see Logan’s eyes fixed on the other me, eyes filled with sorrow and agony, it almost looks like he was about to go after me but he didn’t, he couldn’t actually, he had no choice.

Then I suddenly catch Harry, his eyes fixed on me as well, also filled with sorrow, but it doesn’t feel right.

I go to the other me and find the other me at a mansion, sitting in her room, crying…

“*Sobs* W-why? Why has this happened to me?”

There is a knock at the door, and someone comes in.

Michelle says “Candice, why are you crying?”

“Oh Michelle! What has happened? I feel like my whole world is falling apart!”

“Oh! What nonsense! Don’t say such a thing! You’re going to be fine…”

“Michelle, what am I going to do? H-he’s engaged…”

Michelle’s eyes widen and are filled concern.

“Candice, I just don’t know…Remember, he’s the kings brother, and he’s royalty. And Lady Catherine is one of the most eligible and rich bachelorettes in the kingdom.”

“Michelle…I know that but…” I continue to cry.

Michelle hugs me and tries to comfort me, “Shh…don’t cry, it doesn’t look good to see you cry, it makes me want to cry as well…”

“Michelle…I don’t know what to do…”

There is another knock at the door, this time its Harry.

“Candice, can I come in?”

“Do you want him to come in?” Michelle asks.

I do want him to come in, I need someone to talk to, and someone I know who can put a smile on my face.

“Come in…”

Harry comes in and sits beside me,

“Candice, are you all right? You know you can talk to me.”

“Harry, thank you so much for being here, but I just don’t know what to do…I love him.”
Harry’s expression darkens and looks away like he was speaking to himself. I don’t know what’s going on with Harry but he’s been acting very strange here and in my time. Though old me doesn’t know it or doesn’t even notice it but I clearly do.

Harry moves closer to me and bends down in front of me and looks me in the eye. I’m just staring into his eyes as well, feeling butterflies erupt in my stomach. Harry and me are just staring at each other, Harry’s eyes…were beautiful yet they held passion and lust. Before I know it Harry is leaning in, I don’t do anything; I just look at his pink lips moving towards mine.
Then Harry crashes his lips with mine.

Harry’s lips begging for entrance and I willingly open my mouth for him.

In between the kiss or should I say snogging session, Harry mumbles " LOVE YOU."

I felt different sorts of feelings coming at me all at once. Victorian me’s feeling, Harry’s feelings and MY actual feelings.

Candice’s feelings were so confused, but she was enjoying the kiss. She felt sparks and felt loved. But she had fragments of Logan in her mind the whole time. She even confused Harry with Logan and Logan with Harry. She was just so confused. Like this was so wrong yet felt so right.

Harry’s feelings were strong and undying. He loved Candice so much, and he desperately wanted to kiss her, to hug her, to comfort her, to love her. If only she would let him.

Then…I didn’t know what I felt. I felt butterflies going crazy in my stomach and I could almost feel Harry’s lips on mine, I wanted to actually feel them on mine. I felt hot and I felt loved.

But that Candice isn't me…it’s a whole different version of me. A version of me from another lifetime that happened decades ago.

It just makes me wonder…

Will everything be the same even after a decade?