Chapter 9 "Curse"

CHAPTER 9 “Curse”

NO. This is impossible. This is beyond impossible, this is insane!

“W-Wait…y-you’re dead.” I stutter. I can’t seem to find the time to pull myself together since my ‘ancestor’ showed up.

 “No shit, Sherlock.” Candice--- I mean me---I mean old me---I mean my ancestor… UGH! My mind is going crazy.

I have so many questions but my mind can’t seem to function really well.

First off, why is my dead ancestor here anyway?

I mean surely she’s dead, she couldn’t have risen from the dead…I hope.

And maybe this is all just a…a… ugh! I don’t know. I can’t seem to know anything anymore. It’s like all the logic has been sucked out of me the moment I saw her, it’s like everything I knew gone down the drain.

This is just impossible. I mean I never believed in this supernatural stuff but to think I’m experiencing something related to it makes me doubt everything I know as we speak.

And is this all even real? I mean it could all just be happening in my head and I’m having a conversation with myself. Or maybe I just have to accept the fact that I am officially crazy.

 “So I’m guessing you’re doubting whether all this is real or not, am I correct?”

 What the--- how does she know?! I swear its like she can read my mind.

Well she is…me. But---

 “Well yes and no.” My ancestor says whilst smoothening out the creases on her dress.

 “W-What’s that supposed to mean?” I ask completely confused.

 “It means, my dear, that all of this is happening in your head. But I am real, but only you can see me. Let’s just say I am a spirit that’s been keeping an eye on you.” She says as if it’s completely normal.

 “Since when have you been keeping an eye on me? Am I in trouble or something?” I ask.

 “No, my dear.” Candice trails off, I can sense her uneasiness.

“Actually…I’ve kept an eye on you since you started having your---”

 “Dreams?”

 “No, my child. They aren’t dreams. They’re visions.” 

“Visions? Why am I having visions all of a sudden?”

“Because…it has begun.”

“Candice…You are speaking in riddles. What exactly has begun?”

“I can’t explain right away, but I’ll tell you this…”

*************************** 

Long ago, during the ancient battles between Kings and Queens,

Families were devoted to only one kingdom forever.

They were to spend the rest of their lives in service of the kingdom they choose to devote themselves to.

 Men would be recruited into the army and fight for the kingdom, 

Women would be scattered across the kingdom treating to the sickly and damned.

 Other families, the wealthier ones, served as the kingdoms official or generals and advisers of the king and queen.