Chapter 8 "Voices"

CHAPTER 8 “Voices”

BEEP BEEP BEEP!

UGH! Blasted alarm.

I hit my alarm clock and finally it shuts up after a big smack.

My eyes adjust to the lighting in my room, “Ah the light! It burns!” I squeal and run to my bathroom using my towel as some sort of shield to block out the sun.

I shut my bathroom door closed and hang my towel on the rack by the shower.

I look at myself in the mirror and I slightly groan.

I look like death itself. I’ve got heavy eye bags, my hair looks like a birds nest and my skin is as pale as a dead person.

Ugh! It makes me doubt if I really am related to the other me.

Now she was gorgeous. She had porcelain like skin, silky hair, and beautiful eyes.

Speaking of the other me, I haven’t quite gotten over that dream.

The thought of Harry loving the other me was shocking, yes I admit, but I

felt--- flattered?

Psh! Yeah right.

WTF?! W-wha…did I just hear something?

Don’t you mean someone?

Okay, I am completely going insane.

Glad you noticed.

Okay… is it just me or does that voice sound familiar…?

Oh gee, what do you think, Sherlock?

Is that ME…?

DING DING DING! We have a winner.

Okay, this day just keeps getting better and better. Oh geez I sound like a lunatic having a conversation with herself! Why am I having this conversation with myself anyways!?

Correction. You’re having a conversation with…

The voice falters and then everything turns black.

I look around and I am definitely not inside my bathroom anymore.

Im not anywhere!

Okay, don’t freak out Candice! Everything’s gonna be alright. It’s just a dream.

A bad dream…

“On the contrary my dear, this is the complete opposite of a dream. Let alone a bad dream.”

I look behind me and find myself in an all-white Versailles styled room.

And with…

I can feel my jaw drop literally to the floor.

“Oh close that mouth of yours dear, you’ll catch a fly.”

“Wha—?” I can’t seem to find any words. The person in front of me…hazel eyes, porcelain skin, long brown hair tied into a bun, in a ball gown.

She curtsies infront of me and speaks,

“To finish my last sentence, you are having a conversation…”

She looks up from her curtsy and smiles at me “…with me.”

I stare wide-eyed at her not believing my eyes. Where am I!? Why am I here!? Did I die or something!? And most importantly why is she here!?

“I know you must have a lot of questions and I know it takes a while to take all this in, but please let me explain.”

I nod at her, feeling like a robot. I can’t seem to function properly. It’s like I’m brain damaged.

She gestures for me to sit on one of the white loveseats and I do, she takes a seat beside me and smiles at me once again.

She looks into my eyes and she has this look where she’s trying to find something.

“Y-You..can explain n-now…” I stutter, feeling uncomfortable beneath her gaze.

“Oh yes. Well for starters, I am Candice Anne Petrova. Your ancestor.”