Chapter 7

"You have got to be fucking kidding me." I said as I whirled back around to face the bar.

"Good to see your feeling better." Asher said sarcastically as he sat in the seat next to me, which I was hoping, would stay empty. But of course, I had no such luck.

"So, Ash," Kim said, obviously trying to change the subject. "What brings you here?"

"I'm always here." He turned his head to me. "And shouldn't I be asking you that question?"

"Well-" Kim started.

"I wanted to get out of the house." I finished. Not looking up. "I've been there too long and I just had to get out."

He looked at me with a confused face, like I just asked him to solve a fucking riddle or some shit. I looked up. "What?" I asked

"Well, don't you live there?"

"Yeah. What's your point?"

"You just said you've been there too long, and yet, you live there." He said it in such a way that, if I didn't find him completely and utterly annoying, would have been cute.

"Yeah, well, sixteen years is too damn long."

"Oh, here come our drinks!" Kim said

Patch set our drinks down. "I got you one on the house." he set down a beverage I didn't recognize. I mean, don't get me wrong, Im no bar drink expert. But this drink was a dark burgundy. "Want it red, Ash?"

He shook his head. "Haven't had a red one in a while."

"Well than what are we waiting for? Let's add some in!"

"I mean, I purposely haven't had any." His eyes went cold.

"Oh." He said cooly. "We'll if you change your mind-"

"I won't." Ash said, cutting him off.

Patch have an innocent shrug before walking off to serve another table.

"We'll that was a little rude." I said. He shifted his gaze. I felt my skin prickle. His eyes cut through mine. I guess my face gave away how I felt because his eyes softened. "It's not what you think. People in this place are," he paused as if looking for the right words. "Persuasive." He said as he took a sip of his drink, reminding mine that I still hadn't taken a sip of mine.

I lifted the colorful drink to my lips. It's smelled like coconuts and vodka. I took a bit in my mouth before swallowing it.

"What do you think?" Said Kim.

"It's good. What is this?" I asked

"To hell if I know!" She said as she finished hers in one big gulp. "Two more over here!" Kim shouted.

"How are we going to pay for this?" I questioned anxiously.

She reached into her bra and pulled out her moms credit card. "Got it covered." She said with a wink.

"Kim! Your mom-"

"Doesn't check her bills before she pays them! We'll be fine."

I sighed knowing that it was pointless to argue. I turned to Asher. "What is that?"

He looks hesitated for a minute before saying "Just my usual."

"Ok. Well, I'm going to need a little more than that."

"It's just something I tried the first time I came here. I liked it so I kept getting it. Never really asked what was in in. You know how it is."

"Nope. Can't say I do."

"Just take my word for it." He looked at me with a half smile.

I shrugged. Before having Kim tap my shoulders. I looked over to see that Kim had already received out two drinks. And had drank them both.

"I'm going to go dance. Come with me!"

"Nope. Definitely not going to dance."

"Fine, it's your fun." She said as she headed off into the crowd of people leaving me alone with Asher.

Now that I was actually able to stand on two feet, I was able to see something other than just his eyes. He had messy light brown hair

And soft looking lips.

Why I thought it, I don't know, but they looked nice.

"Do I have something on my face?" His question snapped me out of my mind.

"W-what?" I stammered. He just laughed a cool laugh. "Don't worry about it, darling." He chuckled

Darling?

"Darling?" This time I said it out loud.

His smile faltered. "Sorry, force of habit." He said. He looked down at his drink. I wondered what it was. If I could just get a sip...

" I think you've had a little too much to drink." I said lightly. "Maybe you should share your drink." I said jokingly, hoping he would let me try some.

"No." He said quickly. Not a milliseconds later he looked up at met. "I just mean, it's really strong."

I did a dramatic scoff before turning my back to him and crossing my arms. "Who says I can't hold my liquor?" I poked.

I turned back around to face Asher only to see him staring at something in the direction of a group of people.

"What are you looking at?" I peeked over his shoulder to see that he wasn't looking at a something but a someone. I couldn't see many details, but I could tell he was very tall.

"Stay here." He commanded in a stern voice. I didn't even have enough time to argue before he was up put of his seat.

I looked at the bar only to see he left his drink. "To strong my ass." I said as I lifted the glass to my lips and took a sip.