'Christmas Without You' TRIVIA

Who wants some trivia on this fic series? Well, I'm just making this if anyone is interested :D Enjoy

- Chapter 1 is the only chapter that was actually finished before it's posting date and it was started exactly a month beforehand. (Aka, writing for it started on November 1st). 

- Tadashi's stocking became a bigger symbol for the fic than originally planned. I always knew Hiro would find his stocking first and hate seeing it everyday, but for it to be the stocking he'd find his best gift inside was not an idea until halfway through the writing for this fic

- In Chapter 3, I had brainstormed an idea in which Tadashi's stocking catches fire, but I scratched it since the irony would have been a bit too much 8D

- I originally planned for Baymax to be in the fic more, but then I decided that I wanted to focus more on the relationships Hiro has between his aunt and friends. I wanted to write about them going through Hiro's struggles. We know what Baymax would do to comfort, but the others are important too. 

-  In Chapter 4, the line where Aunt Cass says Hiro is going through some "holiday blues" is a line I always planned for her to say from the beginning. Hence the chapter being called Holiday Blues.

- In Chapter 2, I wrote for Cass and Hiro to watch the 'A Charlie Brown Christmas Special' because I had watched it a couple nights before writing the chapter. It gave me inspiration I needed for that part. Otherwise, I would have had Hiro turn down watching Christmas all together. 

- I gave Wasabi a bigger role in the fic than planned. The more I wrote, the more I could see his character doing certain things over the others. 

- From the beginning of writing this fic, I always knew there would be a part where Big Hero 6 had to catch robbers and later Hiro would see two brothers walking down the street. It was nice to finally write down that vision and turn it as angsty as it came out xD

- Hiro going as far as to throw Tadashi's stocking to the floor and knocking down the photos was a last minute idea. 

- I always knew that Hiro's friends would stop by at the cafe to talk to Cass about Hiro

- Chapter 5 was a chapter that I always knew would be a weak part of the story line, so rather than drag it out, I shortened it and turned it into a summary chapter for the most part. 

- Inspiration for the idea of the gang going to an ice rink came from an article that I looked up about Christmas events that happen in San Francisco

- I lost the majority of the first paragraph from the last chapter. Typing it up and not having it the same way was not fun

- The "Merry Christmas, bro" line was originally meant to echo a lot more throughout the chapters, but the idea was scratched and brought back for the last chapter due to Hiro not wanting to remember it in between. 

- I wanted to write more about the friends studying and getting through finals, but I decided Hiro's struggle with Tadashi's loss was more important therefore I emphasized it over his finals. Besides, his finals weren't his biggest struggle anyway (he knew he could pass them all)

- While not really implied, Hiro does get all his assignments done too. 

- The main message of this fic is that it is hard to let go of loved ones, especially during the holidays. And sometimes, memories can be painful to remember. But you can't think of every memory as bad and push them away. You have to accept that those memories brought happiness and you should learn to enjoy them again. 

- With all chapters combined, the grand total word count for this fic series is 11,374

- I wanted to write more of the memories during the video montage, but I decided to cut the scene short. 

- Tadashi's Christmas gift to Hiro from the previous year is purposely not stated and may be left to the readers decision on what it may be. 

- I wanted to give Aunt Cass a big role for this since there wasn't enough of her in the movie and I know her and Hiro will have a great aunt-nephew relationship :D

- Yes, the weather in Chapter 4 is supposed to symbolize Hiro's emotions. The rain in the beginning represents the storm inside of him and the rain fading away by the end represents the change in his emotions. 

- Baymax saying "I have located the patient" in Chapter 3 was a debatable line for me. I didn't know whether or not I wanted him to say 'patient' or 'robber' (or something along the lines of robber anyway). Ultimately, I went with patient because it's Baymax and he would call target's by 'patient'. 

- Before writing Chapter 4, I left myself a note saying to '(START THIS CHAPTER OFF WITH RAIN DETAILS)' 

- I typed all of this fic up in a google document, and it takes up 27 full pages and almost half of a 28th one

- This is an original idea I had for a paragraph in Chapter 5 and I wrote that last part just for fun (obviously it didn't make it into the final fic): Hiro had only ice skated a handful of times and only ever this time of year. It had been years since he had been to an ice rink. From what he remembered, ice skating was not something he picked up on. Not quickly. Not at all. It was the reason he learned that his butt could also feel pain.

- Again, I wrote this in the process of writing Chapter 5 for the fun of it. Sorry in advance for the weirdness xD 

"The four began to squish into a hug a little tighter, suffocating Hiro. he died the end" this is an alternative ending to the fic