the loss

I called Ashley back right away. She answered but there was no hello. "Ashley?" Asking if she was there. I heard a little sniff and she answered "he's gone...". I was confused " what do you mean who's gone?" I asked ,but it took her a while to respond. "My dad...". I was so shocked. I told her I would be at her house in 5 min. When I got there she wouldn't answer to me throwing rocks at her window ,so I tried calling her. There was no response ,till I saw someone sitting in the swings across the street at the park. When I walked over she had her head down. I gave her a hug and sat by the swing beside her. I didn't make her talk so we just sat there. My phone light up with 5 text from Grayson ,but I ignored him for my best friend. That night we stayed and slept out under the stars. I texted Grayson and said that something came up and that I'll text him later. He said he understood and ended the text with I wish the best for who ever needs it . For the next week I stayed with Ashley. I texted Grayson at night while she would sleep. She would get on her phone in the morning texting someone. I guess that guy from the park that saved her. We never talked about him that week. She texted me and said if I wanted to have fun tonight. I'm always up for a good time so I asked if I'm making the plans. She said she had this one. I was up for anything she had ,shes always easy with that stuff. She told me to be ready to go at 9.