Morning Glow

Another chap! In this chap Levi finds out that he is heavily attached to Eren already..

Warning, it's awfully short.. Sorry. (╥_╥)

_______________

Not a wink of sleep. If Levi had woken up yesterday with Eren's subtle noises, this very night however he couldn't even dare to move nor close his eyes in the comforting warmth of the fire that usually did the trick to get his kids heavy enough for bed. It was warm, yes, but that wasn't the case. He couldn't sleep because of Eren on his lap.

This was so strange, it shouldn't bug him so much. It was just a kid after all, a kid whom just so happens to be his makeshift father figure's only son. He's only taking care of the kid in return for Grisha's kindness towards him, to return Carla's affections in form of taking in Eren and raised him in their place.

So why is he over thinking this?

Levi's hands mindlessly moved on their own as he threaded his fingers in the boys soft hair and a deep hum of approval coming from him as well, it was a shock to him a second later to have heard himself let out such an appreciative sound. He knew he liked the kid at least but he really was caught by surprise with himself getting along so well with the boy and even allowed this much bodily contact, and even before Eren had his bath the other day as well. Levi was fine with petting and touching the kid as he was fine if Eren did the touching himself.

He tried to think of a logical reason for it too and the only serious result of that brainstorming was that Eren was just that lovable. For a kid imprisoned for several months and violated by probably hundreds of men, he was recovering quite well. There were times when the boy would whimper in his sleep and cry that Levi noticed at that night but with his simple touch the boy would calm down. Maybe his presence helped the little boy a lot too and Levi would never really know since he didn't want to ask or bring it up unless Eren brought it up first. Levi was just so impressed, so.. So damn proud of the brat for his strength to move forward. The other day he noticed Eren's timidness slipping away slowly and allowed himself to be friends with Levi. (That alone was even more impressive considering the fact that Levi was an absolute prick and and posessed a face with the look of eternal constipation.)

Levi was getting comfortable too with this little arrangement. Too damn comfortable in fact and it's bothering him and it's not a troublesome disturbance really, it just made him hell's confused and a bit restless. But it wasn't troublesome. Since becoming a vampire he found that it was harder to tire himself out and though sleep helps him pass the time it doesn't improve anything nor will staying up 24/7 weaken him. Weakness only comes along with contact with silver weapons and lack of blood supply. Those he learned the hard way in his first few days as a vampire.

And to think he used to slay such creatures and now that he's one of them he felt every weakness he's used against them bother him as well. Though Levi never hurt or killed innocent people/vampires in a way it made him feel something churn in him as he looked at this little boy in his lap.

Eren didn't do anything wrong. The boy couldn't even hurt a fly, sure he had fangs, retractable claws and top notch healing abilities but Levi still felt so awful. He's killed this boy's kind, his kind now too. It made him feel so much more dirtier than he's ever felt before. He felt like wanting a scalding hot bath. As if it could wash away all the blood staining his hands.

And maybe if he tried hard enough to wash his sins off,

He'd feel worthy enough to care for Eren. Clean enough to touch him.

Though for some time he dwelled in those thoughts he didn't move a muscle to act out on his urges. The heavy yet weightless form laying on his lap, curled and that movement had Levi's eyes snapping downward. Eren gurgled softly in his sleep. Must be a good dream.