Chapter 1

I was on my way home from work in my old, beaten down car. I got to leave the bakery early today because there weren't too many people today. Mandy, the manager, said it was fine if I took the rest of the day off.

I couldn't wait to go home to my feyonce, Mack. He was absolutely the love of my life. I was going to surprise him when he sees that I got home early. After dating for 4 years and being engaged, I think tonight was going to be the night I finally gave myself to him.

As soon as I pulled into the driveway, I was out of the car and running up the walkway. I opened the door and walked in, setting my purse on the floor. "Babe, are you home?" I called out. No answer.

He should have been back by now. I walked upstairs and into our bedroom to see if maybe he was taking a nap, but everything seemed to be just as how I left it this morning. I went back down stairs to go watch some t.v. while I waited for Mack to come home.

Maybe he was buying groceries. I plopped down on the couch and turned on the telly. After about a half hour or so, I was just about to get up and call him, but I heard the front door open. I clicked off the telly and stood up. I took in the sight in front of me and suddenly felt nautious.

Mack had his arms wrapped around some blonde girl's waist and his lips were pressed to hers. My eyes stung so I blinked and let the tears fall freely down the sides of my face. Only when I cleared my throat, did he even bother to pull away and look up.

"Jessy, I can explain. I was just-" "Stop talking. I don't want to hear your excuses," I said cutting him off. He moved around the girl, who was taking in the scene with wide eyes, and started walking towards me. He had his arms held out like he was going to pull me into a hug.

"Don't you fucking touch me you stupid arse," I spat out at him. "I didn't know Mack was with someone else," the blonde said looking at me. " How long were you together?" I asked her. "A year," she told me. I couldn't believe it. He'd been cheating on me with her for a whole year. I wonder if he ever did it before...

"Did you guys ever...?" I asked trailing off, not having enough courage to say the rest. "Yes," she told me quietly, knowing what I was hinting at. "More than once?" I asked again. She hung her head down and nodded slowly. Her face said she looked disgusted.

"I'm sorry," she whispered to me. I nodded my head and looked at Mack. He was frozen in place. "How long were you guys together?" she asked me. "Four years. We were engaged," I told her as more tears flowed out my already puffy eyes.

I walked to Mack and he pulled me into a hug, burying his face into my neck and holding me tightly. I held him back knowing that this was going to be the very last time we would be in each others arms. I pulled out of his embrace and held his hand out, palm facing upwards.

I slipped off my engagement ring and placed it in the middle of his open palm. I curled his fingers closed around the ring and lightly kissed the side of his cheek. There was not a doubt in my mind that I still loved him, but I was most definitely NOT going to be with him anymore.

I backed away from him and watched as the blonde approached Mack. She looked in his eyes and reached around her neck to unclasp her necklace. She placed it in his other palm and stood back by me.

We both walked away and out the door, grabbing my purse and leaving Mack speechless inside the house. "What's your name?" I asked. "Amber," she replied. "Mine's Jessy," I told her. "I'm sorry this happened," I told her. "Me too," she replied.

We both had tears streaming down our faces. "I think I should go. Bye," she said waving and walking away. I didn't really have a place to go. Mack and I shared that house since we were planning on living in there and raising a family. I was only 19, but I didn't mean like to start a family right away. I would have in a few years... When I was ready to.

Then it hit me. I could go to my best friend, Ashley's flat. She didn't live too far away. Maybe a good 3 mile drive from here. I got in my car and started heading to her place. I really hope she would let me stay with her. Just until I had enough money saved to rent a hotel room.

***************************************************************************

Hey guys! I hope you guys liked this chapter. I actually wanted to start writing this story because it was a dream. Literally. I had this dream. So I decided to turn it into a story because it seemed pretty cool. Anyways, if you haven't already, go and check out my other story, The Difficult Love Story. It's a Niall Horan fan fic. Vote/ Add/ Comment/ Fan? Maybe? No? Okay. Bye! :)

~Mariah Xx