Chapter 3: THE chatbox

A/n: I changed her childhood nickname to Iya cause it sounds cuter.

I just searched for 'Thames University' and coincidentally, there really is one. I did not know that till now, so please do not associate this with real life places or people.

The story carries the usual disclaimer: the characters bear no relation to living persons or real places and it is purely a coincidence that they have the same name as some people and places you may know.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

“We'll talk about how your parents separated and

How you don't wanna make the same mistakes as them

I'll say it's all about sticking it out and trying to feel forever young

So here we go again

Wishing we could start agai-"

I turned my alarm off. I set my phone to alarm at 12 pm during weekends. “Lightning in a Bottle” by The Summer Set was always my ringtone but yesterday, I felt like setting “Somewhere in Neverland” by All Time Low, as the ringtone.

Weekends.

Most teenagers would spend their weekends with their friends, homework, hobbies, or school activities. But for me, I would just laze around for the whole day, watch the movie Hansel and Gretel for the nth time and surf the net. I don’t do this because I don’t have friends (that was my reason before, but not anymore). It’s just that I got used to it already.

I went downstairs to eat brunch. My aunt was about to leave when she saw me.

My aunt has electric blue eyes and brown hair with streaks of red. She always kept her hair in different styles each day. Today, she kept it in a fishtail type of braid. She’s 28, but you could easily mistake her for a teenager.

She walked towards me with a bounce in her steps.

She kissed my cheeks and said,

“I left food on the table to last you a day. I’m gonna be out (shopping and buying groceries) for the whole day. You’re gonna be all by yourself in here. Are you going to be okay? I was planning on going buying groceries then going back home before you woke up, but…”

“Nah I’m fine,” I assured her “ I can take care of myself, you go and take your time.”

“Well if you say so. Then I might even go ‘hunting’ if you know what I mean,” she said as she winked.

“No I do not know what you mean.” I said, confused. I didn’t know of any woods or forests near this area.

“Dear niece, you are so innocent. I mean hunting for boys! You should go with me sometime.”

“Auntie!! I don’t think you should teach teenagers to do that!”

“Ep ep ep . I told you to call me Alex. We only have a 13 year difference, yet you make me sound so old. Your mom, Sylvia, said the same thing to me. Well, except I was her sister and you are my niece, but loosen up Iya” she said as she messed up my hair.

“Well, I better keep going now, take care of yourself. Ta ta~”

“You take care too!” I said as I watched her go out the door.

While I was eating, I contemplated the universe. Loljk. I was thinking if my aunt and I were really related. I mean, we’re polar opposites. She’s a socialite. I’m an introvert. She cares about appearances (especially hers). I don’t give a f*ck. She’s talented and pretty. While I’m.. er.. not. I decided not to think into it too much for ruminating isn’t really good for your mental health.