chapter 8

The next morning, Atticus and Darla were on shore with Ariel and Urchin. Since the two were on dry land for a longer period of time, their tail fins disappeared and their legs returned and they were back in their human forms.

"Uh, what just happened?" Darla asked Atticus, knowing he would know.

"Well, to put it into shorter terms, we've turned back into our human forms and thanks to the deal that Ariel and Urchin made with the sea witch, they now have human forms as well." Atticus said.

"Oh, okay..." Darla understood now.

Sebastian and Flounder exhaustedily came as well to make sure Ariel, Urchin, Atticus, and Darla would be okay. Ariel woke up first, she then looked at her new legs and smiled in joy.

"Ugh, my head hurts..." Urchin rubbed his head.

"Hey, Urchin, why don't you check on your new legs?" Atticus suggested.

"What...?" Urchin asked, then noticed his tail fin was now gone and he had legs himself. "WAH!"

"Not bad..." Darla giggled, sitting on her knees. "You'll get used to 'em..."

"Well, look at what the catfish dragged in," Scuttle's voice was heard. "Look at ya! Look at ya! There's something different. Don't tell me, I got it. It's your hairdo, right? You've been using the dinglehopper, right?"

"No." Urchin glanced at the seagull.

Ariel shook her head as well.

"Try again." Darla said with a giggle.

"No? Huh, well, let me see..." Scuttle looked again. "Um... New seashells, and Urchin, have you been working out?"

"No." Urchin said while Ariel shook her head.

"I gotta admit I can't put my foot on it right now, but if I just stand here long enough I know that I'll--" Scuttle kept guessing.

"THEY'VE GOT LEGS, YOU IDIOT!" Sebastian had enough of the guessing game.

"It's true." Urhcin said.

"I knew that." Scuttle muttered.

"Ariel and Urchin have been turned into humans," Flounder explained. "They gotta make the prince and whoever Urchin likes fall in love with them, and th-they gotta kiss 'em."

Ariel and Urchin tried to stand up.

"And they only got three days," Sebastian added. "Just look at them. On legs! On human legs! My nerves are shot! This is a catastrophe! What would their father say? I'll tell you what their father'd say, he'd say he's gonna kill himself a crab, that's what their father'd say!" he then turned the other way to get back into the ocean. "I'm gonna march meself straight home right now and tell him just like I shoulda done de minute--"

"No, Sebastian, please don't do that!" Urchin begged.

Ariel even grabbed him and shook her head.

"Don't you protest to me, young lady and man!" Sebastian scolded. "Maybe there's still time. If we could get that witch to give you back your voice, you could go home with all the normal fish, and just be..." He then saw them both look down at him, very sad. "Just be... Miserable for the rest of your lives..."

Sebastian then gave in and offered to help Ariel and Urchin get with the ones they had desired.

"Now, guys, I'm tellin' ya, if you wanna be human, the first thing you gotta do is dress like one," Scuttle said, then gestured to Atticud and Darla's clothes. "Now... Lemme see..." he then looked for something for them to wear.