chapter 10

The next morning on dry land, it was time for Eric's tour for his guests. Ariel was amazed by everything even before they started to look all around.

"Have they kissed them yet?" Flounder asked Sebastian as they passed the water.

"Not yet." Sebastian told him.

"Ohh..." Flounder pouted before going back under the sea.

'They will later on.' Atticus thought to himself.

"Ready?" Cherry was at Atticus's side.

"I sure am." Atticus whispered.

Cherry and Atticus then set off to get Eric to kiss Ariel and Darla to kiss Urchin before time would run out from Ursula's deal. But before that, they were given the tour of the kingdom. During the tour, Cherry and Atticus had to try to get the couples together. They were going through the town and joined in on some dancing. Eric helped Ariel with her dancing while Darla helped Urchin.

'Perfect, dancing usually brings two people together.' Atticus thought to himself with a smile.

"This could work..." Cherry said as they watched.

"Yeah." Atticus whispered.

The two young couples danced with the other people, but there was no kissing yet.

"Yo, guys!" Scuttle called to Cherry and Atticus. "Any kissing?"

"Not yet." Cherry and Atticus told the seagull.

Scuttle frowned. "Well, they better get crackin'!"

"Keep your tail feathers on!" Atticus told the seagull.

Eric decided that the kids would enjoy a puppet show, so they took a stop by there. Ariel was intrigued by the puppets and even took one off the hand of the puppeteer, then was surprised to see it was no longer moving and she didn't understand why or how.

'Well, that was a surprise she'll never forget.' Atticus thought to himself.

Urchin looked puzzled like Ariel did. Darla looked puzzled the most of all. Eric took them to move on.

There was a horse-carriage ride and Eric thought it would be nice if he was alone with Ariel on it. Atticus decided to sneak by and watch while Cherry would handle Darla and Urchin.

'I just know this is going to work.' Atticus thought to himself.

"Hmm..." Cherry was trying to think of a romantic scene for two kids that were seven and nine-years-old. She then came up with a perfect romantic plan.

Urchin was clearly in love with Darla after hearing her sing, but Darla did not seem to notice how he felt about her.

"So, why did you trade your merman life for a human?" Darla asked.

"Uhh... Well, to make sure Ariel would be okay." Urchin made up an excuse.

"Uh-huh, sure." Darla said, unconvinced.

"Well, she's my sister..." Urchin insisted.

Darla looked at him. "Urchin, what's the real reason?"

"Just told ya, Goldilocks..." Urchin called her by his nickname for her again.

"Okay, okay." Darla said.

'This is getting awkward...' Cherry narrowed her eyes at Darla and Urchin's interactions.

"Um... I like your singing..." Urchin glanced back.

Darla sighed softly. "Thank you."

"Well, at least they're talking." Cherry groaned quietly.