From Sickness to Health

•AMELIA POV•
"Oh god!" I screamed. It's 2:30 A.M. My stomach hurts so freaking bad. I squeezed the comforter and winced in pain.

"Amelia baby what's wrong, what hurts?" Owen asked, rubbing my back.

"My stomach!" I said with clenched teeth. I grabbed his hand and squeezed it. I coughed into my other hand and it felt slippery. I think it's blood.

"What is it?" He asked. I shook my head and started coughing up blood. I stopped.

"I'm gonna call an ambulance, I'll be right back okay?" He said. I gulped and nodded, scared. He kissed my head and called 911. An ambulance arrived and Owen helped the paramedics lift me onto the gurney. We got in the ambulance.

"Owen, I'm scared." I said shakily.

"It's okay baby. I'm here." He said. A tear dropped out of my eye and he wiped it away instantly. My breathing got worse. He climbed onto the gurney and held me as I coughed up more blood. We arrived and I saw April and Callie.

"What do we got?" April asked.

"Oh god." Callie said.

"She woke up in a lot of pain and started coughing up blood." Owen said.

"Aaahhh!" I screamed, squeezing Owen's hand. That's all I remembered before I passed out.

•OWEN POV•
"Aaahhh!" Amelia screamed. She squeezed my hand. She passed out.

"Amelia! Sweetheart wake up. Wake up!" I said, crying.

"Owen she's fine, she's just lost a lot of blood." April said.

"Okay." I said, stroking my hand through her hair.

"Let's get an abdominal CT, now!" April said. I stayed on the gurney, stroking Amelia's hair. They moved it to CT.

"Owen, go to the waiting room." She said.

"No, she could wake up and wonder where I am. Get me a vest." I said. She sighed and got me one. They began the CT.

"Owen?" I heard Amelia ask. I could tell she was scared.

"Amelia sweetheart I'm right here. You're getting a CT. I'm not going anywhere." I said. I walked up to her and grabbed her foot. Bailey and Grey arrived to look at the scans. They got her a room and sedated her to relieve the pain for now. I sat at her bedside, holding her hand and stroking her hair. April, Miranda, and Meredith walked in.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"She's in end stage liver failure. She needs a new liver." Miranda said.

"She's on the transplant list." April said.

"I'm gonna lower the sedation and start regular pain meds." Meredith said.

"Okay." I said. She adjusted the meds and left the room. Amelia started to wake up.

"Hey. How you feeling?" I asked.

"Fine, what's wrong with me? You can see the worry on your face from a mile away." She said.

"You're in end stage liver failure. You're on the list for a new liver." I said. She closed her eyes and sighed.

"Super." She said.

"You're gonna be okay." I said.

"I need to sleep, I'm tired. But I'm scared I'll never wake up." She said.

"Amelia, I've got you. You're not going anywhere on my watch. Just close your eyes, I have you." I said as I got into the bed to hold her. I stroked her cheek with my hand and she drifted off.

***************
"We've got a liver. We need to get her to the O.R. now." Miranda said, getting the bed ready for transport.

"I'm coming. I'll sit by her head, I won't make a sound." I said.

"Fine." She said. We headed to the O.R. and I sat by her through the whole thing. They took her to recovery and I sat next to her. Her eyes opened. I jumped up and kissed her head.

"Owen. You're here." She whispered.

"Of course I am. I'm your husband. You got a new liver. You're my healthy wife again." I said.

"I love you." She whispered before she fell back asleep.

"I love you too." I whispered as I kissed her cheek.

*************
•THE NEXT MORNING•
I woke up from the couch and Amelia was twiddling her thumbs.

"Hey. There's a staff meeting and I'm gonna update everyone, then I'll be right back okay?" I said.

"Okay. Come give me a kiss first." She said with a smile. I gave her a kiss and headed to the conference room.

"Dr. Hunt has an update on his wife now." Miranda said.

"Thank you Dr. Bailey. My wife, the other Dr. Hunt, has received her new liver and is on her way to making a full recovery. Feel free to stop by and say hi. The next few days she'll be sleeping a lot, but I can tell her you stopped by." I said. Everyone clapped for us. I went to the gift shop and bought a stuffed animal. I headed back to the room to see her asleep. I laid the stuffed animal by her and got a new pitcher of water. I laid with her until she woke up.

"Hey. Have some water." I said as I handed her the cup.

"What's this?" She asked, grabbing the bear.

"You're welcome." I said, kissing her.

"Can I get up and walk around?" She asked.

"Yeah." I said. I got everything ready and I got in front of her. I nodded and helped her stand. I grabbed her hand and she gripped it, as well as the cart with the IV bags. She looked super nervous.

"Hey, I've got you. You're doing great." I said. She nodded and walked around a little. I helped her get back into bed.

"Can I have some water?" She asked. I gave her the cup and she took a few sips. She signaled me over to her. I laid with her and she drifted off to sleep.