"Oh that's Moaning Myrtle."

***DISCLAIMER: I do not own rights of 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them' or any of the excerpts from the book! All rights go to J. K. Rowling!***

| hogwarts // girl meets world a.u. |

five ; oh that's moaning myrtle

saturday september seventh until sunday september eight 2013

///// Josh /////

     I walked down the cold and vacant hallway of the basement. I was on my way to the Hufflepuff common room to see Finian Kahn, a first year Hufflepuff.

     There's only one reason I would want to converse with him: for his incredible talent with potions. I had heard Professor Slughorn talking about him to Professor McGonagall a couple of days ago. So naturally, I decided to seize the opportunity to get that Lucas Friar kid off my back. I noticed he had a thing for Maya and I certainly was not pleased.

     My plan was to get Finian to make a love potion for me. I wasn't going to just give the potion to Maya for her to drink. That would be to simple. To predictable. No, I was going to get some innocent girl (someone no one would suspect to pull a trick) to give the potion to Lucas. Now since whoever takes the potion falls in love with the person who gives it to them, Lucas will be following some girl around like a puppy and I'll finally get to be with Maya alone.

     I told Fin to meet me outside the common room and sure enough, when I had arrived at the entrance, he was standing there. He spoke out, "Hey. The potion is almost done. I just have to add-"

     "Yeah, yeah. Let's just go get it." I said impatiently. Fin hesitated to move. "Well c'mon. I don't got all day!" I watched him take out his wand and tap a rhythm onto one of the barrels outside the door. Stupid Hufflepufff password, I assumed.

     We walked into the brightly lit common room. I instinctively covered my face with the sleeve of my robe to protect my eyes from the blinding light. The Slytherin common room wasn't nearly as cheerful. The place was deserted due to the fact that it was dinner time.

     Finian led us right and through another door to the boys' rooms. I was pleased to find that this room was much less vibrant. I lowered my sleeve as he took another right into the first years' room.

     "Uh..." I could tell Fin was sweating as he spoke, "before I get it out, do you have the...?" I dug into my pocket and pulled out two Galleons, placing them in his sweaty palms. He quickly stuffed them into his robes. "Okay, uh..." he crouched down next to his bed, "it's under here." Fin pulled a cauldron out from under his four-poster bed and placed it onto his night table. Then he proceeded to open his drawer and pull out some more ingredients.

     I sighed, "How long is this going to take? Because I don't want to chance someone walking in." Fin muttered something to himself. "What?"

     "Five minutes." he said not taking his eyes of the cauldron. He picked up a bag that looked like sand. "Two pinches of Powdered Moonstone." Fin proceeded to add the sand. "Fifteen rose thorns." he added, carefully counting them in his hand and then dumping them into the pot.

     "Are you sure he won't notice the thorns?" I asked. Fin looked up at me with wide eyes. "What?"

     "I'm sorry... I just... I didn't know." he said softly.

     I was confused, "Didn't know what?"

     "That you... that you were gay."

     "What the hell are you talking about?" I was getting very impatient with Fin and this nonsense he was making up. Someone could barge in any moment and we would most likely be expelled.