Chapter 5 Ugh, highschool

Samanthas P.O.V

So the next day, I woke up and got into the shower but didnt wanna take long so I made sure I didnt take long. I got out and ran out to Kelly's room to dry my hair.

I dried my hair and started curling my hair. It didnt take long because my hair was in a pony tail so it was easier.

I put my long sweater that went to black then gray. Kinda like a tie-dye shirt. I put on my favorite pair of pants that fit me perfectly.

I put my black boots on and tied them. I sat down at Kelly's desk and started to do my makeup. I went with a light black and did my wing.

"Sam! Hurry up!" Kelly screamed from downstairs. I got up and pushed in the chair, I got up and took a second look at myself and look suprisingly really cute.

I walked out of the room but made sure to grab my phone on the way. I walked down the short hallway making my way to the stairs.

I walked down the stairs and grabbed my keys off the table near the front door. I poked my head out from the doorway.

I walked in and smiled. "Oh my gosh you look so beautiful!" Kelly's mom gasped. "Thank you." I smiled. Kelly walked into the kitchen. "You ready?" she asked. "Yeah. How about you?"

She nodded her head and we walked down the hall to the door. I opened the door and made my way to the jeep and opened the door. "Are you gonna let me drive this?" Kelly asked looking around.

"Maybe," I paused, then looked at her "Maybe not." she laughed. I put the keys in the ignition and drove to the school.

   30 minutes later

We got to the school and I found a parking spot and parked. I sighed and said "You ready?" She looked at me and said "Absolutely not" we both laughed.

We walked through the corridors to the front entery. It was just like a regular highschool you would see in a movie.

You had your geeks in one group, emo's in the other. We walked to the head deans office and got my schedule. "Oh yes! You must be Samantha Smith?" he spoke with a very positive attitude.

"Yes I am." I smiled. "Well, I garentee you will make alot of friends and love the school very much." He smiled. So we just need your guardians phone number, so if you can put that here."

He pointed at a sheet of paper. "Um, can I talk to you, mister.." I looked at his name tag. "Mister James?" He looked up. "Sure. Of course" We both sat down.

"Ok, I'm 18. And I use to live in Washington. I honestly don't know how to put this." I sighed. "I moved out without telling my mom or step-dad. My dad died when I was 8 from cancer."

I went to speak but he inturuptted me. "Dont say any more. I know how that feels." I sighed and smiled. "Thank you." He looked up, "You can put your phone number and that's fine."

So I wrote my phone number, thanked him, got my schedule and walked out. I met Kelly and we walked to our first class which we had together.

I walked in and gave the teacher my schedule and she gave me a slight smile. I walked to the back where Kelly was at. Kelly and I just talked waiting for the teacher to start.

I glanced at the door and saw a cute guy probably about the same age as me, 18. He had green hazel eyes, he was tall and was obviously cute. "Kelly. Who's that?" I tapped her shoulder.

"Oh my god. That's Brennen Taylor. He plays football and he's also single." she nudged my shoulder. I just laughed and continued to talk.

10 minutes later

The teacher began class and told me to stand up to tell somethings about myself. "Ok well my name is Samantha some people call me Sammy or Sam. My favorite color is blue, I'm 18 and I moved from Washington."

I looked down and smiled. Then she told me to sit down. Then she started class.

20 minutes later

Class was over and I already know everything. It was easy. I was talking to one of the other girls in the class then Kelly tapped my shoulder and said "Brennen has been staring at you for the past 5 minutes now."

I looked over at him and smiled, and suprisingly he smiled back. I walked out to go to my next class but I had history and Kelly had Geometry.

I walked in and sat down at an empty table because one of the students moved so the teacher sat me here. I saw that Brennen walked in and sat next to me

"So your new, huh?" he smirked. "Suprisingly yes." I smiled. "So why'd you move?" he asked. "I moved because my douche bag of a step-dad did stuff to me and my mom didnt care."

He just nodded his head "And before my dad died when I was 8 he always wanted to come to California but he was never able to..." My voice trailed. "Shit, I'm sorry. I'm not the one to cry."

"It's ok. And I'm sorry. I garentee your dad was wonderful." he soothed me. "Yeah he was." He went to speak but the teacher walked in.

10 minutes later

I was writing down notes on the board and then I felt Brennen poke me with his pencil and point at the note in my chair, I looked around and saw that no one was looking so I unfolded it and it said

"Hey, what's your # so I can get these notes from you? My hand hurts too much to write."

I quietly laughed. I took my sharpie and took his hand and wrote my number down. When I was done, he wrote his on mine. I looked at him and smiled and wrote down the rest of the notes.