Chapter 8 Wait, what just happened?

Samantha's .P.O.V.

Me and Brennen walked into the house as he carried the board over his head. We walked to the room that my room was in but jumping over pieces on the floor.

"You can set it down right there." I pointed to the floor near the bed. He slowly put it down not wanting to slam it because everyone was probably alseep, it was 10:57.

I walked out, got all the tools, knifes, rulers, and cutting materials. I walked back into the room and saw Brennen on the floor looking on how to cut a board.

"I know how to cut this type of board." I reminded him. He looked up, "Oh, I just wanted to make sure" He locked his phone and put it on the bed.

I got all the stuff ready and started cutting the board.

3 hours later

I finished cuting the last board and put my arms down to rest. They ached as the vibration of the cutting saw went through my arms, like I was still cutting.

Brennen ordered some sushi and we sat there waiting. "So how long have you lived in California?" I asked, wanted to know him. He ran his fingers through his hair.

"I've been living here since I was born." He spoke. I nodded my head slowly thinking about another quick to ask. Then I thought of one.

"How many siblings do you have?" He smirked at the question. "I have 2 siblings. My brother, Jake. Then my sister, Jessica. Jake is the oldest and I'm the middle, with my sister being the baby."

He didn't have a big family, but it was family. "Are you single?" I asked with confidence. "Yeah, I am. Nobody likes me so..." his voice trailed. "Maybe someone does like you."

I tried to cheer him up. "Yeah, they must be really far away." He looked down. "Maybe they're closer than you think..." I spoke not realizing that I was talking about me. That I liked him.

He looked up and stared into my eyes. I got nervous, and my heart rate sped up. He got closer and closer every second. Then he was centimeters away.

I could feel his lips brush against mine, making me want it more, he knew I wanted this. So that's what happened. He kissed me.

I jumped up from the seat and looked side to side. We were still driving. We didn't kiss. We didn't order sushi. We didn't cut the boards.

It was a dream.