Chapter two

As the sunlight reached to my desk, I finished the sketch i've been working on. It was of one of the people that I had reaped. I like to draw them because it gives me a sense of closure. I don't know why it just does. I don't think that i will draw Summer, she will just think i'm either weird or a pervert. I should probably go check on her anyway, we have to go reaping soon. I walked down the empty corridors to Summer's room. When I opened the door i saw her sleeping so peacefully. Wow I never knew humans could be so... beautiful..... I thought to myself. "Staring is rude you know." Summer said making me jump. "I-I'm sorry I was just um.." I said while blushing. Since when do I blush? "Wow did I, Summer Reese make Death, every person's nightmare, blush!" Summer said. "No, you didn't. Now hurry up and get dressed we have reaping to do soon." I said, still blushing. After about a half hour she finally came down to my room. "Finally. You don't have to look like a doll, you're dead you know." I said not looking up from my sketch. "Haha very funny." "I don't understand, I wasn't making a joke." I said a bit confused. "Never mind, anyway, did you draw this?" She said while pointing at the paper. "Um yes i did, why?" "It's amazing! When did you learn to draw!" I chuckled a bit at her remark. "Summer, i have had all of time to learn. Remember I'm as old as time." "Oh yeah i keep forgetting that." I stood up from the desk and gestured for her to follow me as i left the room down the corridors. Soon we reached to the lobby where Damion will update me on how long Summer will have to assit me. "Damion, did you find out?" I asked him. "Yes i did, but its not very specific. He said that she will stay with you until you have learned." "Learned what? That doesn't make sense." i said confused. "I know, he wouldn't explain. I'm sorry Ky, but look on the brightside, now someone can help you!" He said trying to be hopeful. "Damion, you should know that i prefer to be alone." I said a bit coldly. "Come on Summer, we must leave now. Thank you anyway Damion. I appericat you trying." I said while grabing Summer by the wrist to lead her out. "Ky, you know you don't have to hold my hand." Summer said while winking at me. "I'm not holding your hand, i'm leading you out of the loby to the Human world. If you get lost in here, then there is a good chance of no one every seeing you again or maybe even demon will get to you." I said while trying to scare her and it worked because she held on tighter. "Whats the deal with demons anyway?" "Well, you see, demons steal the souls that have not been judgd yet because they can either sell them or they can consume them. So every one who goes out reaping must carry their own death sthye. Mine is the most iconic one because 1. It's the oldest and 2. I reap the most so thats what everyone sees." I said while putting on my cloak. "And why do you wear the cloak?" "Oh, I can't be in the sun or else I burn, litarly, i burn into flames. And for at night... i just don't feel like taking it off, its really comfurtable." I said. As we entered the human world I could tell that Summer was hungry. It's normal considering that she has been used to eating all of the time. "Summer do you need something to eat, we still have 10 minutes before we have to collect Elenor Blanche." I said while checking my Book of Death. "I'm dead I thought I don't eat?" She said. "Well you can eat but it's not a necessity. You're just used to eating because you died not too long ago." "Oh, ok yeah sure lets go eat." As we finished eating at a nearby restaurant in the reaper world we collected Eleanor and left. She was the only one today. "Aright see you tomorrow I guess." I said. "Hey don't you want to hang out or something? There's gotta be something fun to do around here?" Summer said. I was a bit confused, I never really hung out with anyone. I just kept to myself. "Um s-sure?" I said not really knowing what to say. "Great! So is there anything to do?" "Some arch angels are playing something called hockey." "Awesome lets go!" She said while grabbing my hand leading me there.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

Author's note: 

Sorry guys that's going to be next chapter!!! Vote comment and share!!!!!