Dan's POV

I said I felt like gagging with each breath, but without realising it, I must've actually done. But that was unrelated; it's just a part of my condition.
Sat on the bed, weak all over, I knew I had to get to a hospital. But I didn't want to tell Phil why. I couldn't get myself to tell him that, so I let him believe that it was just trauma from all the stress.
"Sit still." His whisper was like a shout in my mind, yet, at the same time, I hardly heard it at all. But I followed his order as he slowly lifted my shirt, painstakingly avoiding getting my own spew in my fringe. I shivered as the cold air hit my bare chest.
Phil threw the shirt into the doorway, and began to wrap a towel around me, rubbing me dry. My mouth opened and shut several times, ready to speak, unable to, over and over... He handed me the new shirt and I eventually managed to pull it on.
He stood over me, my guardian angel. Pushing my fringe out of my face, he gave a pitiful smile, before taking my hands in his and giving them a squeeze. I didn't look up at all, despite how much I wanted to, but I was seeing double outlines and taking shallow gulps of air, helpless and without the strength to say "I need an ambulance."
He let go of my hands then, and walked away. My head was screaming, PHILCOMEBACKNOPHILPLEASECOMEBACKINEEDYOUPHIL but all I managed was a croaky:
"Where are you-?" He was crouched in the same corner as I was not too long ago, his left fist shut and his right searching under the dresser. Unsuccessful, he withdrew, instead cupping his fingers over over the top to complete the box. He slowly walked over to me.
"Phil, I-" Need to go to hospital.
Love you.
Want to know what the hell you're doing.
"Daniel Howell," he smiled, exhaling in a silent laugh as he lifted his white fingers away from the black box like a lid. "May I, Phillip Lester..." I looked up into his grey face, his darker grey eyes. The room around me was no longer filled with colour - all I could see was black and white, white and grey, grey and black -
"Ask for your hand?"
- and white and black, and black and black and black...

And nothing.