Chapter 3.

James's POV: 

I haven't seen or had a chance to talk to Riley all day due to the fact we had different time schedules but the classes we actually had together Amanda would sit with me even though she was basically so angry at me over forgetting her this morning. 

And truth is i just want to check on Riley, i really could not care for Amanda and her drama right now. I'm her boyfriend not her taxi service. Thankfully as i walk into Math i see an empty seat beside Riley at the back of the class room so i take it upon myself to sit there.

"Yo, how's ya day been smiley riley?" I ask with a cheeky smirk as i get out my math book's and paper's which i did not do last night like i was suppose to.

"Been good actually, your friend Shane is really cool." She tells me with a smile as she finishes sharpening her pencil and beginning to write. 

"Shane?" I ask a little confused, i only introduced them this morning and now there best friends or something. Shane's a nice guy i'm not saying that, but it's my job to protect her. 

"Yeah shane, did you and Amanda make up?" Riley ask's me sweetly as she gives me a nudge, glancing over at me with a sympathetic smile on her face.

I shrug "Not really, she's being over dramatic." I reply not really caring, all i can think about is Riley and Shane. I hope they don't become to close. 

"Right well you'll fix it James, don't worry." Riley tells me lightly touching my arm, "Shane is going to come over and work on a history assignment with me tonight. Your mum said it was fine, but can i still get a lift with you home?" Riley asks me quietly as she continues with her math. 

"Yeah you can get a lift with me." I reply quietly as i begin doing the math like i should have been the whole time we've been talking, it kind of stirs me up Shane and Riley. She doesn't like him does she?

"Hey riles?" I ask after about 15 minutes of silence had passed and i had just been drawing welll scribbling on the ends of my page while Riley had actually been doing the work provided. 

"Mmm?" She mumbles quietly not really taking any notice of me just continuing the extension part to the math's work, which she hadn't seemed to have trouble doing it at all.

"Do you like Shane?' I ask suddenly breaking the soft silence between us, as i looked down at my book then back up at her. 

Riley laughed immediately, "I don't even know him, just like i don't even know you. But if i end up liking Shane i promise i'll tell you alright?" Riley asked giving me a cute smile as she took her attention back to the work.

"Alright alright, we have a deal smiley riley." I tell her giving her a gentle smile as i begin scribbling on my pages in my blue biro  again. 

"Cute. Now do you want help with that math's?" She asks me as she brings her chair closer to mine and sit's close to me so our leg's are touching under the desk and she starts teaching me and helping me work through all these math questions. 

Riley's POV: 

After my first day of school i have made friends with everyone in James's friendship group which was nice and tonight Shane was coming over to help with a history project we were apart of. I hope James works it out with Amanda too because i don't want them to fight over me, but one thing i do know is James needs a lot of help in the math department side of things. 

His a smart boy, anyone can see that. But he lacks confidence and maybe that is why he likes to always have a girlfriend at least that's what Shane, Michelle and Chloe told me. His been so welcoming so far and i really appreciate his support. 

I go downstairs to see him laying on the couch eating popcorn and watching school of rock, which i want to watch with him but Shane will be over any minute. I go into the lounge room and stand in front of him so he can see. 

I'm wearing a white lace v neck top along with a long mint green maxi skirt with a brown belt and a white cardigan. 

"How do i look?" I ask james as i stand in front of him as he takes his eyes of the tv and glues them onto me, looking at me sweetly. 

"You look nice," He replies smiling "But shane isn't easily impressed" he replies giving me a smirk, followed with a shrug. 

I blush at the nice comment, but the other comment just made me nervous "What's that suppose to mean?" I ask James nervously. 

"Don't even worry about it" He tells me with a reassuring smile just as the door bell rings, causing me to pick the pillow up off the floor and throw it at him before answering to see, Shane.