King for a day

Now terror begins inside a bloodless vein,

I was just a product of the street youth rage,

Born in this world without a voice or say,

Caught in the spokes with an abandoned brain,

I know you well but this ain't a game,

Blow the smoke in diamond shape,

Dying is a gift so close your eyes and rest in peace.

Picture: The shed

Song: Pierce the veil ft. Kellin Quinn- King for a day

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Vic's POV

My eyes opened to the sound of my alarm going off. Opening them felt like tearing a piece of skin of my body and my head felt as heavy as an anchor. It took me a lot of energy to bring up my hands to my face and drag them over my face.

I had barely slept the night before. I had searched for Luna from two pm until midnight. I searched everywhere, the bus, the mall, the cinema, the library. Every place I knew she visited regularly. She was nowhere to be found and to be honest, it drove me insane. I got more scared every time we visited a place she didn't seem to be.

Around three pm I went by the school to pick up the boys and Leah. I had told them what happened, I told them about the talk I had had with Luna's dad, the talk I had had with Casey and about the places I already searched. I had also told them about the thing that Luna's mom did to Luna. I felt like a betrayer for spilling her secret, but now that we could seriously assume that something bad happened to her, it was better for them to know the whole story. Maybe they would think of something I didn't think of.

They all acted pretty shocked to the information I had given them. No one expected Luna to be in so much trouble at home. I mean, they all knew her mother wasn't really nice, but they never expected physical abuse to occur in her house.

The shock didn't take long, though, because it was replaced by panic. They wanted to find her just as much as I wanted to. We split up, Leah and Jaime searched in the west and north part of the city. Jaime, Tony and me the east and south side. Of course we didn't get to search the whole city. San Diego is immense and we had to take the bus getting everywhere, but we searched the places she could've been gone to if she ran away.

Al though, for some reason I didn't believe Luna ran away. I truly believed she would've let me know, or maybe even asked me to join her. And I had heard her say once that she couldn't leave her dad with her mom.

Besides, she would go out of the city if she ran away. We had talked a lot about running away and she always told me that she would go out of the city if she ran away.

But we felt useful searching for her and at least we could eliminate the places we had searched. Casey was right, doing nothing only made the panic heavier.

Around midnight we were still roaming the city and I had had multiple missed calls from my mom. But I didn't want to give up yet. Besides, we still had to pick up Casey from the airport at two am.

At one am Tony, Jaime and me were somewhere in the south side of the city. All three of us were exhausted, hungry and our determination was slowly fading away. We were sort of happy that we could allow ourselves to give up for a while to pick up Casey from the airport.

I called Leah and told her that she and Mike needed to start heading towards the airport now. We took a night bus and arrived around half past one. Mike and Leah arrived a little later and it seemed like their energy had ebbed away too. They had bags under their eyes and they looked a bit grumpy.