Chapter 34

“They’re not here yet,” I informed the director of the dance show.

“Okay, Daisy, get on your lyrical costume. You’re on in two numbers.” I did as I was told and went into one of the dressing rooms to change.

I hope Sky and Kennedy come. I know that So You Think You Can Dance is important but they need to rush their butts over here because we’re already making our dance that we have together the finale of the show.

I waited behind the curtain for the dance before me to end. I hope I don’t forget any of the moves or steps. That would be terrible; I can’t mess up this show.

The lights on the stage went out and the group exited to their elft. I walked on to the stage on the opposite side. I got in my place. The lights flicked on and music began to play.

“Five, six, five, six, seven, eight,” I mumbled. I let my body flow and let the music control my every move.

Everything was a blur, I got lost in the music. Just for a minute I had no worries. This is why I love dancing.

The music ended and my body came to a stop just in time before the lights went out again for me to exit the stage. I took deep breaths as my heart rate lowered.

People cheered for quite a while, “Daisy!”

“Yeah, go Daisy!”

“We love you!”

Why are people cheering so much for me? I was no better than all of the other performances before me.

I went to the dressing room where my clothes are and called Sky and Kennedy.

“Are you guys coming,” I squeaked. I still had some adrenaline pumping through me from the dance.

“We’re five miles away!” Kennedy spoke on Sky’s phone as she drove.

“Hurry,” I gasped, “there are eleven more dances until we go on.”

“Okay. Sky, step on it,” he told her to drive faster before hanging up.

I was leaving my dressing room when Sky and Kennedy came running in with their costumes.

“We’re here, we’re here! Let’s just change quickly and we’ll be right on time. Everyone calm down,” she took deep breaths as she ran in but she only really needs to calm herself.

They stripped off their clothes quickly and threw them on the ground with no questions asked. They don’t have time to put things in a proper place.

They finished changing and we rushed to the curtain.

“Oh, perfect!” The director came our way, “You’re here! This is working out as planned. The finale will be the best finale we have ever had at our school.”

Random people came up to us to give us hugs and wishes for luck. I wasn’t nervous at first but now that people are doing this, I feel jittery.

We waited for the dance before us to end before walking on stage in the dark.

The lights came on and the music started, our bodies springing into action. I counted the beats in my head.

Sky and I moved about the stage briskly while Kennedy would breakdance and do back-tucks on stage. This is probably the most fun dance I’ve ever done.

Lights were flashing to the beat of the drums and the crowd was going crazy when we were only a quarter of the way through the performance.

I silently hummed the song to keep myself in time.

We had out dramatic finish and the lights went out for us to get off the stage.

“That. Was. Epic!” Our dance teacher hugged us as we were at the curtain.

We all laughed, taking deep breaths to relax. People were still cheering and yelling out our names in the audience.

All of the dancers and audience eventually left the building to go home after the performance. Some people stayed to congratulate the performers.

Darren and I ran into each other’s arms for a hug like we were in a cheesy low budget movie. I actually wasn’t sure if he would be here or not because they had a few concerts late at night. I thought he wouldn’t make it.

You were amazing, Daisy!” I hugged him and realized that his band was with him.

“Thanks. Hi, guys,” I waved at them.

“You guys were awesome!” Lucas said more towards Sky, who was standing next to me.

“Really,” Sky asked with a blushing face.

“Yeah! You guys were clearly the best ones in the whole show,” Lucas said to all three of us but only faced Sky. What if they dated? They would have a lot of fun goofing off together.

“Daisy, you can dance too?” I turned around and some girls who don’t go to our school walked up to me.

“Yeah, I do,” Darren pulled me in close to him as I replied.

“Wow, you sing, dance, and you’re super pretty. Not to mention you caught Darren Ride’s eye! So, you’re friends with Sky and Kennedy from So You Think You Can Dance?” She was ecstatic just to be all of our presences.

“Yeah, they’re awesome,” I looked over at them talking to Darren’s band.

“I wish I went to this school! There are so many famous people here,” she jumped up and down.

We all laughed and said goodbye to go home after the long night. We have one more week until Prom! Let’s hope it’s perfect; I need senior year to end in a sweet, memorable way.

===

Extremely short, I know. I don't know how to make these chapters long anymore when everything is finally coming together, drawing to a close.

I'm going to cry when I finish this story. I've learned so much from writing and this is quite an accomplishment. I will tell my grandchildren about this xD

So, I have no idea when the next update will be. I really want to finish this story and "The Only Thing I Like Here Is Your..." story before the summer ends. I have two more weeks until I go back to school. But I'm going crazy trying to finish all of my summer homework from some classes and I think I'm busy all week. My mom is dragging me to some thing I have no idea about... Tuesday, I have gymnastics. Then on Wednesday, I have to go to my school to get my ID picture taken (ugh, it's going to turn out bad as usual) and my schedule, not to mention hip hop at 7:30. After, I need to get everything organized: from cleaning my desk out for school, getting my school supplies together, and organzing my school uniform. Saturday, Jessie and I have our friend's Bat Mitzah! Oh crap, i still need a dress for that. Then on Sunday, Jessie and I are going to a Taylor Swift concert. It's going to be insane. And I think I'm going to Utah or something. Random... 

Why do I always ramble on about my life? It's not like you guys care. I bet you don't even read it, haha! I have the next two chapters written and... I think I have one more then the epilogue. Except I don't know if I should do the epilogue. Hmm...

Thanks for bearing with me,

Jillian